Lake Charlevoix weekend? >

Lake Charlevoix weekend?

Notices

Lake Charlevoix weekend?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Charlevoix weekend?

anyone going to be up north in Lk. Charlevoix this weekend? some gfs and I are going to be putzing in our little boat...
Old 06-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by midwestgirl
anyone going to be up north in Lk. Charlevoix this weekend? some gfs and I are going to be putzing in our little boat...

Hope to be on the water Saturday afternoon.
What kind of boat do you have and where do you normally hang out/raft/anchor?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Registered

Default missed ya!

Originally Posted by edge_kw
Hope to be on the water Saturday afternoon.
What kind of boat do you have and where do you normally hang out/raft/anchor?
hey-sorry, checked feedback on this and didn't c anything so i kind of gave up :-o went out Saturday- kind of crappy. we rafted just off oyster point on the backside-- met friends in chx. on a danzi... c u at the thunder maybe!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where in Michigan is Lake Charlevoix? I have never boated in Michigan, but, I hear its quite nice

Michael
Old 07-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Lake Charlevoix is in the NW part of the lower peninsula - Above Traverse City and south of Petosky - the lake empties into lake MI, so you can head right out into the big water. In fact some serious boats will be doing just that next weekend at Boyne Thunder - the annual Poker run out of Boyne City. It is inland, at the eastern edge of Lake Charlevoix.

The lake is big, clean and beautiful - just like the whole region. It's really one of the best boating areas in the country (other than the short season) - if you can make it up there, you won't be sorry.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
Lake Charlevoix is in the NW part of the lower peninsula - Above Traverse City and south of Petosky - the lake empties into lake MI, so you can head right out into the big water. In fact some serious boats will be doing just that next weekend at Boyne Thunder - the annual Poker run out of Boyne City. It is inland, at the eastern edge of Lake Charlevoix.

The lake is big, clean and beautiful - just like the whole region. It's really one of the best boating areas in the country (other than the short season) - if you can make it up there, you won't be sorry.
will you be at Boyne Thunder?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
Where in Michigan is Lake Charlevoix? I have never boated in Michigan, but, I hear its quite nice

Michael
Terrible place!!! Definitely wouldn't recommend Lake Charlevoix. not worth the drive and don't tell any body about it either. Lol

Kinda Freaky though, 10-15 ft deep and you see the bottom clear as a glass of water.

If you ever make it this way, pm any of the members from this area and we'd sure give you the best eat, dock, stay, see, and do, info around.
People from all around the country come to vacation here.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

WOW, sounds like a real nice place! Friendly folks by the sound of it!

I boat mainly in the 1000 Islands area, but sounds like I should trek over to check out this area, thanks for the offer of hospitality!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered

I'm w/ ya Shawn D-- no place better! but... can it warm up a little? some of us are trying to enjoy summer on the boat... not much for a tan when I've still got my sweatshirt on
Old 07-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Registered

Shawn D We just made plans with several boats from the Lake Erie offshore club (LEOPA) to have a long weekend in Charleviox the second week in August. We have about 7 boats so far and are booked at the DNR docks in downtown from Thurs-Sunday, departing on Monday. I am assuming you know Tracy (Wrinkleface) Let me know if anything is going on that weekend, I hear there is an Art Fair, but that is not what we are going for, we plan to do some day trips to Harbor Springs, Bay Harbor, Petosky etc. probably group up in one another's boat to save on gas. Most of our boats are between 38'-47', so for all go fasts, that is if you consider a BT a go fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.