A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON

Notices

A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON

Old 09-03-2009, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON

After about the worst summer I can remember weather wise, I decided to take the afternoon yesterday and cruise out to The Western Islands and finish up in the small craft channel in the 30,000 Islands. The Westerns are about 15 miles offshore and are uninhabited. Weather was perfect. Enjoy the pics.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-011-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-020-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-021-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-022-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-023-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  
Old 09-03-2009, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

more pics,

Take a close look at the kids jumping 40 ft into the water in pic 4 / 5. Eeek.
Attached Thumbnails A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-025-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-033-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-034-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-038-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-037-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-04-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

last ones,
Attached Thumbnails A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-043-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-047-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   A late summer afternoon on Georgian Bay, ON-gbay-western-islands-sept-2009-055-%5B%5D.jpg  

Old 09-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bob,

The pictures look great. Like I posted on SO, we should plan another tour of the bay.

Interestingly, a couple years ago a couple of teenage girls were on an air raft, and drifted all the way from Wasaga beach out into the middle of G'Bay. They fortunately hit the Western Islands and were rescued by the Coast Guard, but if they missed them, I can only imagine that the consequences would have been dire.

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/258959
Rob
Old 09-03-2009, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Hi Bob,

The pictures look great. Like I posted on SO, we should plan another tour of the bay.

Interestingly, a couple years ago a couple of teenage girls were on an air raft, and drifted all the way from Wasaga beach out into the middle of G'Bay. They fortunately hit the Western Islands and were rescued by the Coast Guard, but if they missed them, I can only imagine that the consequences would have been dire.

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/258959

Rob
Hi Rob.The Performance Boat Club of Canada was going to do a run up to Tobermory this summer but cancelled as the Sportmen's Inn was closed renovating their rooms. Hopefully next year we can make this happen. We will look for better weather, better economy, fuel will be like 50 cents !! Life will again be perfect. LOL

I remember the girls being found out there. That was a miracle. Glad it had a happy ending.

Hopefully see you on the water up there.

Bob
Old 09-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful pics Bob! I too was out but in Lake Ontario and the water has been flat as a pancake for three days now! FINALLY!!!
I am not familiar with those Islands. Where exactly are they again? You mentioned 15 miles offshore, but abeam of what? Meaford? Collingwood?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Much further north. They're just south of the Parry Sound area. 20 miles or so north of Christian Island.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Stinger390X
Beautiful pics Bob! I too was out but in Lake Ontario and the water has been flat as a pancake for three days now! FINALLY!!!
I am not familiar with those Islands. Where exactly are they again? You mentioned 15 miles offshore, but abeam of what? Meaford? Collingwood?
As Rob said offshore of a point between Christian Island and Parry Sound.

I am moving the Donzi down to Pt Credit early next week so keep an eye out on Lake Ontario for me. Hope this weather lasts. Jazz Festival in Pt. Credit next weekend. Always a good time.

Bob
Old 09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great Bob. I have been once to that a couple of years back.
I don't think I can make it but Port Credit is nice. I stayed with the boat there last year and ate at the restaurant at the Marina (forgot the name?). It was quite good.

Went to the air show in Toronto today. Crossed from St.Catharines. It was an easy crossing to go, but the east wind wipped up and we came home in 6 and 8 footers with the odd 12 footer hitting us hard. I had to go slower as my buddys Scarab just could not take the punishment, so I had to wait a few times for him to catch up to me.

Damn summer has been horrible almost every single weekend! I can only recall two weekends worth mentioning out of the entire summer!