Notices

Aqua Mania?

Old 11-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aqua Mania?

I KNEW they had a kick Azz race boat, but, didn't realize that they had a "Marina" in Alex Bay? Has anyone been there? do they have a gas dock?, food?, hard to get to?, I am on Wolfe Island, so, I thought I might take a trip down there next summer, any customs hassles?

I have heard the "water cops" in A bay are real nasty, is this true?

Thanks!
Michael
Old 11-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
I KNEW they had a kick Azz race boat, but, didn't realize that they had a "Marina" in Alex Bay? Has anyone been there? do they have a gas dock?, food?, hard to get to?, I am on Wolfe Island, so, I thought I might take a trip down there next summer, any customs hassles?

I have heard the "water cops" in A bay are real nasty, is this true?

Thanks!
Michael
I don't think that they sell gas but always some good hardware there. No customs hassles, but watch your speed when you get near the village and they also are tough on the noise. If your not loud, watch your speed and your not a criminal you'll be fine.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Registered

Sounds Good! Thanks for the info, my boat has mufflers, and I am not criminal, so, I should be OK, Is there anyplace close to there that sells gas?, its been awhile since I have had to buy gas on the "US" side, and wondered who sold fuel?, sometimes with the smaller marina's its "hit and miss' when they are open and/or if they have fuel. If your Nortech is there, please dont laugh at my Baja, LOL!

Thanks!
Michael
Old 11-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

there's like 3 or 4 gas places in abay, the marine is down under a small bridge on a tiny river, they dont really have a too much at marine for acc. but there are always way cool race boats outside. Always big Donzi's there and a Cat hull with triples! Have a House just down river by Brockville, CN on NY side, hammond ny..
Old 11-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Registered

Great! Thanks!

I will definately check it out, hear a lot of good stuff about A Bay, might even try to do the poker run there next year, I hear its alot more "relaxed" than the 1000 Islands run.

I would like to start getting an idea where all the gas pumps/Marina's and restaurants are in the area, then either right them down and keep it in the boat, or maybe save some of them on my chartplotter.

Appreciate the help, I am on the South Shore of Wolfe Island, in Murry Bay, just West of the Big red channel marker, almost directly across from Millens bay.

Thanks again!
Michael
Old 11-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Registered

"Chuck"

Thats one GORGEOUS Nor Tech you have! look forward to seeing it [and getting passed by it] if you are on the River next year!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

There are plenty of places in the Bay to get fuel ...........

Hutchinson's Boat Works, two locations, one by the Village docks and another between Bonnie Castle and the RiverEdge resorts.

Van's Marine, near the Village docks.

Horizon Marine, near the Village docks.

Bonnie Castle, at the resort marina, little tougher to find but they have a sign at the entrance on the water side.

Couple others as well, but these are the main ones. If you don't want to deal with the customs BS you could get fuel in Rockport, Ont. all of 10 minutes away.

Far as the water cops, the Coast Guard guys are fine, they have better chit to deal with. The NY State Police are the same way. The NY Park Police can be a PIA. Generally if you act in a reasonable manner, stick to the area 30 MPH speed zone, you will have no problems at all. I've kept the boat there since 1996 and been stopped once by the CG a few years back when I bought the first Fountain. No numbers on the boat, bought out of state and waiting on the paper trail to catch up, gave the explaination and showed what papers I had to the guys and they were fine with it. My Velocity with blower motors hit 109 on the DB Meter at the dock, never was stopped with that one. Neither of the Fountains have had any mufflers and never been stopped for the noise in either of them, they have both had silent choice and I do flip the switch around the Village dock area, most of the time.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-23-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Registered

Great! Thanks!, I will check out those marina's and save there GPS co ords. I have never had a problem with cops or Coast Guard either, but, had heard some "stories" about A Bay, sounds like as long as you aren't an "A Hole" or you aren't Drunk, they will leave you alone, thats fair enough I think?

The Baja is my first "real" boat, so, thats why I am curious, had a pile of smaller runabouts that we only ever used to go skiing and tubing around the cottage/Island, would like to start exploring the region a little more now by water, we have had a cottage up there since before I was born, so, I have seen most of the stuff by "land" but, it would be nice to go to by Water. I hear there is a place called "Captain Jacks thats right on the water in Cape St Vincent that sells gas/food, but, not sure?

Thanks for the help guys, I DO appreciate it! Nice to meet people with GORGEOUS boats who dont mind helping out the "little guys"

Thanks again!
Michael

PS: "Chuck" I had planned on coming to see your boat at the 1000 Islands run last year, but, I couldn't find it, I wanted to look again later in the day, but, the "Dock Nazi's" wouldn't let me on the dock.