Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Boating Bar&Grills at mouth of Detroit River >

Boating Bar&Grills at mouth of Detroit River

Notices

Boating Bar&Grills at mouth of Detroit River

Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree. Portofino's is an excellent stop. I lived downriver most of my life (am in the 16/Jeff area now). Once you get south of the Ambassodor, on the U.S. side, there is: 1) Wyandotte Yacht Club (private, but probably could make some arrangements), 2) Jack's Waterfront South, and 3) Portofino's. Portofino's is best.

On Lake Erie you have Swan Boat Club (again, private, but could make arrangements)
Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like Portofino's or Clamdiggers would be the best choices. Maybe take the run out onto Erie then come back and stop. I'll have to find they're #'s and call to make arrangements for around 15-20 boats to stop.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Registered

Well our run is based in St.Clair,MI and we run down the St.Clair River to Lake St.Clair making a couple stops along the way then run across Lake St.Clair to Detroit River and usually stop at Jack's or Beach Grill, but figured this year we'd run down the Detroit River out to Lake Erie and hit a place down there. It's about 150 miles of runnning, but everyone enjoys the day. I'm guessing either Clamdigger's or Portofino's will be the southern stop on the run and then back to the marina for DJ and giveaways on Saturday.

Glad that people from away from the area enjoy boating in the area and hope to see some of you this summer.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Well our run is based in St.Clair,MI and we run down the St.Clair River to Lake St.Clair making a couple stops along the way then run across Lake St.Clair to Detroit River and usually stop at Jack's or Beach Grill, but figured this year we'd run down the Detroit River out to Lake Erie and hit a place down there. It's about 150 miles of runnning, but everyone enjoys the day. I'm guessing either Clamdigger's or Portofino's will be the southern stop on the run and then back to the marina for DJ and giveaways on Saturday.

Glad that people from away from the area enjoy boating in the area and hope to see some of you this summer.
Sounds like we are in for somthing bigger and better. Hope to see our group get a few more boat this year too
Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely coming this year! So I assume you do Jobbie on Friday then this run Sat. then back to the docks? Sounds like a party. Is it summer yet
Old 01-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NKissau
Definitely coming this year! So I assume you do Jobbie on Friday then this run Sat. then back to the docks? Sounds like a party. Is it summer yet
Thursday we run up to Lake Huron
Friday we run down to Gull for Jobbie nooner
Saturday we run to the moot, then down to Erie for some food, and back to St. Clair Harbor for some good partying.
Sunday is a free for all, some go to Huron, some go the to moot.

Would be great to finally meet you, after all the talk from last summer, and never actually doing it lol!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NKissau
As Smurf said there is alot on the site for info if your not already on there...
Old 01-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Registered

What are you 'typical' stops? I didn't see them on your site.

Clamdiggers isn't too far from the mouth of the Detroit River, about halfway between the Detroit River and the Maumee River, but seems like quite a haul if you are starting on the far side of LSC. But that section of the river with the channels is pretty sweet to just pin it and scream down through there.

As was mentioned there is Boblo Island, but Boblo is in Canada, probably be best to stick with all US destinations.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Registered

We have people that come up from TX, NE, OH etc... all over!! Great group of people..

The stops are pretty much as put on the other page.

Thursday when people are arrived and ready to play, we take a morning run up to Huron and play around for a bit, get something to eat or whatever.

Friday bright and early we are up for a mini drivers meeting to get people squared away about the rules of the river, location of Jobbie, how we tie up at Gull etc... Then 8 or 830 sharp we take off from the marina to Gull island about a 20-25 minute ride. We hang out at Jobbie most of the day and enjoy the scenery and party with great friends. Late afternoon/evening we head back to the marina, we usually BBQ and just hang out and shoot the ****, party or whatever.

Sat morning same deal bright and early, drivers meeting about the agenda, this is where we will lay down how the day will go, and figure out who wants to run down to Erie and those that are going to stay and party at Muscamoot. Then we will set an order to tie off accordingly at the moot where we will be hanging out for a few hours as a group. Then the group thats going to run will break off the raft and burn some fuel as we roll downtown WFO!!!. Make it down to Erie, hang out for a bit, head back up the river somewhere and get a bite, then haul the mail back to the marina. Where there will be various awards for different categories, and I think a 50/50 if we do that again this year. Then we hire a DJ and have a big dance party at the marina pavilion sat night until we are told to cut the music (usually around midnight or a little later).

Sunday is a free for all, some guys want to head back up to Huron again, some will head to muscamoot and some will head home.

That is the event in a nutshell.

This is a FREE EVENT (you do have to pay for your slip at the marina and hotel if you wish to stay, and chip in money for BBQ if your going to eat food that others bought) There is no registration money due for this event. Only if you wish to receive apparel (Shirts, Sweatshirts etc.) Which will be discussed on the site.

Hope that helped answer your questions!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
What are you 'typical' stops? I didn't see them on your site.

Clamdiggers isn't too far from the mouth of the Detroit River, about halfway between the Detroit River and the Maumee River, but seems like quite a haul if you are starting on the far side of LSC. But that section of the river with the channels is pretty sweet to just pin it and scream down through there.

As was mentioned there is Boblo Island, but Boblo is in Canada, probably be best to stick with all US destinations.
Still working on the stops hense the questions here, but if your not registered you can't see event info only previous years in Archives. Sorry, but figured it was one way to get people to register..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.