5th Annual Lake St.Clair Run 2010

Notices

5th Annual Lake St.Clair Run 2010

Old 01-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 5th Annual Lake St.Clair Run 2010

June 24th-27th 2010

For those of you interested here's a "rough" Itinerary of the weekend. It'll be fine tuned as we get the stops nailed down.

For more info on the event go to www.lakestclairrun.com register to see event info. This area is blocked to lurkers unfortunately.

Itinerary for June 24th-June 27th 2010

Thursday-Meet and Greet(people arriving helping them get boats launched, meeting new people or catching up with old. Answering any questions about the weekend. Doing a little celebrating in the evening either at the bar, room, or docks or all of the above)
This is when everyone is given they're shirt/sweatshirts and grab bags.

Friday-7:45am(Captain's Meeting) let everyone know how the day is going to go. 8:00a.m Take a quick group photo and then fire the boats up and head to Gull Island for Jobbienooner. Leave marina all at the same time hoping to get pics of everyone from the drawbridge as they leave along with video. Let the boats that want to run slower go first and the guys that want to run fast go next but everyone arriving at the island at the same time so everyone can be tied up together. Local people meeting us at the island I will be in contact with you so we can meet you there. We'll be anchoring on the northwest side of the island as close as we can get and still tie up all the boats in a row. Depending on weather and group leaving around 7pm to head back to marina to have a GROUP dinner together where to be determined. Then everyone hanging around the docks or motel enjoying the nightlife.

Saturday-8:45am(Captain's Meeting) let everyone know how the day is going to go. 9am everyone getting together again and heading up to local bar for breakfast and Bloody Mary's or Mamosa's then off to Muscamoot Bay just taking it easy or letting those that want to run have at it, but anchoring out in the local party cove for some fun in the sun with the group again. Then taking off letting people see Lake St.Clair. Heading down to Detroit River to Lake Erie to one of the local bars for a late lunch(again open for suggestion) For those wanting to stay at Muscamoot for the raftoff they can or can jump in with those going running and do that as well After that it will be open for what people want to do for the rest of the day which can be decided on Friday night or Saturday during the day. For those staying behind at Muscamoot head back to marina around 6pm.

Saturday Night- Going back to the marina for awards/gifts and a night of music and dancing in the pavillion at the marina. This will continue determined by the Harbormaster on how late and how loud the music can play...This will be open to anyone at the marina to join after the awards.

Sunday-For those interested in going to breakfast then relaxing and doing some local boating anyone that wants to stick around is more than welcome...This is when we say our goodbyes to new and old friends help them get they're boats on the trailers and talk about the weekend dicussing how the weekend wasn't long enough again and then start the planning again...

Look forward to seeing everyone and as always EVERYONE is welcome. Please put in your ideas on what you'd like as always we are always building this to be better and more fun.

These times will be FIRM...Anyone not there will miss out and be left behind...I know I'm not always ontime, but we can't hold back a whole group for a couple people...I will have one of these printed for every captain.

Please put in suggestions now that a couple of you have seen the lake..There are lots of bars, islands, and beaches/sandbars.

Last edited by Irishtornado; 01-23-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Registered

Its a blast I vouch for that! Lots of great people, and great times!!! Dave puts on one hell of a show!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smurf how much fuel do you use for this weekend rough guess thanks Ed
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
Smurf how much fuel do you use for this weekend rough guess thanks Ed
I burned approx. 2 full tanks last year and maybe a little more, I also missed the Thursday trip to Huron, with the run adding about an additional 60-70 miles on saturday this year as well. I am assuming probably 3-4 tanks for me.

Last edited by SmurfOnABoat; 01-06-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Registered

I burned roughly 300 gallons last year. It depends how you run and how much running you do. If you do the complete run Huiron,Jobbie,Lake Erie plan to run about 250-275 miles.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

ok thanks
Old 01-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Registered

ok thanks
Love to have you up Ed. As you can see the info is on the site how much you run is totally up to you. A good group usually stays at "The Moot" to party if you stay there I'm guessing you'll only burn a tank at best
Old 01-06-2010, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

my intentions are to come up since you are so close i just have to see how the money situation is when we get closer as i would be running all over the place not one to just sit in one place but it sounds like a good time
Old 01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered

my intentions are to come up since you are so close i just have to see how the money situation is when we get closer as i would be running all over the place not one to just sit in one place but it sounds like a good time
Friday is really the only sitting day just for Jobbie, aside from that it will be some serious running after that!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

some one will have to give me a map since i can only run about 54 probably all i will see is rooster tails LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.