Notices

active marine inc, 1984

Old 04-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by spirtofamericaracing
I can tell you all about these boats.

There were three active cats that were built for pleasure. I owned the first black one which was all balsa cored and kevlar. It's name was Trust Me out of Detroit owned by Terry Mullins, I bought it from him and named the boat Tweety's Revenge. The boat in now white and was at lake cumberland marine before liquidators got it. The other two that were pleasure boats was Showtime, and the other was all white with kamma drives.

Tague Estes
Infusion Marine LLC
954-648-1896
I had the white one with Kamma drives, that I bought from Pete Smith. [Wolverine] The 33' Active was his pleasure cat, as he raced the 37' Active cat. I thought there also was a red 33' Active that Rich Anderson had, was that Showtime ?
Around 1988 ironhead & I put a pleasure deck on Bobs [M-588 COUGAR, M-17 Magic] race deck 33' Active cat. Bob K used her for years as a pleasure boat here on Lake St Clair & down in Florida. Bob sold her, and today ???????
Old 04-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

last known lake of the ozarks bib bob talks to the guy once a year and its still a tank
Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by harsin
This is some literature I recieved from Thunder Boats when I was having a boat built in 1990/1991. I don't know if he really had access to the the Active Marine cats molds or not.
They built the actives in lake bluff then ,and did a good job with them. 32 and 37 and a 29' v bottom.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So where does the 32 pleasure cat that started as FastCash on LOTO and ended up here in Ontario as AhstaLaVeesta fit in. 510's and number 5 drives.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Airpacker
So where does the 32 pleasure cat that started as FastCash on LOTO and ended up here in Ontario as AhstaLaVeesta fit in. 510's and number 5 drives.
My 33' Active went to Canada around 2003 after the guy I sold to, sold her. I found these pic's of her , I believe when she was in Canada ? Same Active cat ?????
Attached Thumbnails active marine inc, 1984-active-oocean-h2o.jpg  
Old 04-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, not it. The one I refer to had a center console, buckets and a side entry to the cabin area.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Nope, not it. The one I refer to had a center console, buckets and a side entry to the cabin area.
Have you ever seen my old cat in Ontario ??????
Old 08-01-2023, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Active Marine Inc. 1980 models built that year

Originally Posted by ironhead
NOW YOU BOYS ARE SHOWING HOW WET BEHIND THE EARS YOU ARE..... Active marine was the builder of ryans- express, kehrigs -cougar/ motor city magic, wolverine, gallo wine, 2 benehana/ flap jack, chrysler lazer and list goes on it was run by ross focht( ocean express) owned by bud dredman a leader in automotive stamping bussiness in the detroit area ,the design was from cougar and active built under license or something like that these hulls were TANKS and when racing went out and hit some real water they were tough and fast bud and ross started racing in a magnum called active 8 er built there own brand os deep vee hulls and were the begining of composit cats in offshore and most of them are still running some where
I am looking for information on HIN AXN00111M80A a 31’ Vee hull. I don’t know the model name or history.
Old 08-02-2023, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 445 Likes on 243 Posts

keith holmes ran ahsta la vista in the early 90s in the powerboat canada poker runs