Looking for Merc mechanic in Mid-MI.. >

Looking for Merc mechanic in Mid-MI..

Notices

Looking for Merc mechanic in Mid-MI..

Old 11-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carder
Tyler Crockett did 3 engines for me so far... they rocked!
Carder
I called him today, seems to know his stuff. What did you have done?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
I don't think he has a full machine shop. If you want a motor totally rebuilt I would have Champion Performance do the motor (or at least the lower end) and have Jim rig and install it.

http://www.champion-performance.com/

If your boat is small enough, and if it is a big enough job he may pull it inside for the winter saving you on winter storage costs. Stop by there and check out some of the old cars he restores in his spare time. They're awesome! It will give you an idea as to how meticulous he is.

Most storage facilities have boats and cars that sit around and rot. When we first started going there he had some 40's Fords and some late 60's Cougars laying around the property. They looked like they were just rotting there, but year after year they kept getting nicer. I think he fixes them and sells them, but they're really nice when he's done with them.

x2 on Champion Performance. They do the majority of the machine work for many of the other area shops as well as their own. Their machining is as good as it gets and their builds are top notch.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
I called him today, seems to know his stuff. What did you have done?
Another top notch builder. Pretty much your top two options right here
Old 02-24-2011, 02:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
What you looking for Wayne?
Just not happy with Andy's turn around time. He will finish what I have up there now but want someone else to do any additional work

Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by safira218
Just not happy with Andy's turn around time. He will finish what I have up there now but want someone else to do any additional work

Seems like a strange first post
Old 02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought Andy was out of the marine business. Are there any up dates on Andy Wilson? Did business with Andy for many years then things just went South!!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ROADHOG
Thought Andy was out of the marine business. Are there any up dates on Andy Wilson? Did business with Andy for many years then things just went South!!!!
He is no longer selling boats as far as I know, but has turned his shop into a repair and performance shop. I was in there last fall to ask about some engine upgrades, he had some boats in there and some engines being built but never got back to me on prices.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealt with Andy for years. His work when on is second to none. Built a couple of engines for a friend of mine with very good results. If Andy ever got back up and running I would be willing to give him a try once again.

Been boating for a very long time and have had MANY bad experiences with people in the Marine Industries. Andy was just one of them.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered

Yeah from what I have seen of Andy's work it is decent, but very, very slow turnaround times.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROADHOG
Yes, as others had said he is still in business but not selling boats. He has a dyno and machine shope that look great but his work and contact with the customer is very slow. I have not had any real issues with his work. He had put on an extension box, external steering and IMCO lower last season and it took forever to do. I was happy with his price though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.