Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Looking for Merc mechanic in Mid-MI.. >

Looking for Merc mechanic in Mid-MI..

Notices

Looking for Merc mechanic in Mid-MI..

Old 02-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Merc mechanic in Mid-MI..

I am looking for another certified merc mechanic near mid-Michigan that has experience with performance boats. I have been using Wilson Performance Marine in Bay City but his turn around times are bad. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also interested in a Engine guy that could install Raylar packages.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I may know someone but I have to call a friend to get his name, I cant remember it now, when I get it I will PM you.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Registered

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you looking for Wayne?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Just not happy with Andy's turn around time. He will finish what I have up there now but want someone else to do any additional work.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Just not happy with Andy's turn around time. He will finish what I have up there now but want someone else to do any additional work.
Gotcha...There's a couple good tech's in Fenton at Skipper Bud's I have used them in the past.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
I am looking for another certified merc mechanic near mid-Michigan that has experience with performance boats. I have been using Wilson Performance Marine in Bay City but his turn around times are bad. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also interested in a Engine guy that could install Raylar packages.

Thanks
Talk to Greg Reno at Kustom marine, he does all my work and very well known with the LEOPA group. http://kustommarine.com/
Old 02-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have experience with installing Raylar kits. I have a dyno to test the kit before putting it in the boat, in fact a Raylar kit we did is going on dyno in the next couple of weeks. We are a full service high performance shop and dealer for most major vendors in the offshore market. I am in south east Michigan just look at some of my projects posted here on OSO.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Merc mechanic in Mid-MI..-22-donzi-014.jpg   Looking for Merc mechanic in Mid-MI..-dyno-004.jpg   Looking for Merc mechanic in Mid-MI..-ernies-boat-007.jpg  

Last edited by brian41; 02-19-2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: My post was out of line
Old 02-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
Laszlo,
Most of my local customers are LEOPA members that is why I became a member. Some of my customers were former Kustom Marine..... none of mine are his. Most people I talk to do not understand why you are so loyal to him. I have never had a customers boat fail first time out and on a poker run to boot. .... what you made it a mile before over heating. He does not have a good reputation with the LEOPA group that is why I was asked by several members to join. How many members have "HIS" power in them I understand yours will be from Dean not Reno or is Dean only doing the tune.

I would send people to Eriee Performance with less than a year in the business before I would send anything to Greg.

I have nothing against Greg personally I do not even know him but I have seen, fixed and heard bad things about his work.... have you ever heard anything bad about mine and I have 30+ years doing business in the downriver area.
I don't know anything about brians work, however I DO know anyone who would make such am unprovoked attack on a public forum such as this is a piece of work.

Greg has done all my work for years, and I have yet to have a problem with any of it, and I don't know anybody with better customer service.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:57 PM
bws
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 47 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Laszlo,
Most of my local customers are LEOPA members that is why I became a member. Some of my customers were former Kustom Marine..... none of mine are his. Most people I talk to do not understand why you are so loyal to him. I have never had a customers boat fail first time out and on a poker run to boot. .... what you made it a mile before over heating. He does not have a good reputation with the LEOPA group that is why I was asked by several members to join. How many members have "HIS" power in them I understand yours will be from Dean not Reno or is Dean only doing the tune.

I would send people to Eriee Performance with less than a year in the business before I would send anything to Greg.

I have nothing against Greg personally I do not even know him but I have seen, fixed and heard bad things about his work.... have you ever heard anything bad about mine and I have 30+ years doing business in the downriver area.
I think you might want to quit making statements for all of the LEOPA members. You might be surprised how many are customers at Kustom Marine, such as myself. Greg does a lot of work that never gets mentioned on the different sites, as he respects the owners wishes if they want their projects documented on a public forum. I can think of quite a few of Greg’s motors running around in LEOPA boats, and the owners run them hard….very hard. No offense Jimmy! If they can take that kind of abuse, he must be doing something right. It seems to me that with as many engines he has in process at the shop you would have been better off trying to get him to use your dyno services, rather than beating on him on OSO. I am sorry but I am not familiar with your work, are there a lot of LEOPA members that have your power in them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.