Notices

Jacks On The Water

Old 03-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
Andy , any dates picked out for the fun run yet ? If I know far enough in advance I can get more of the gang to come down.
Hi Jim!

We are still not sure but we will try, once again to possible hook up with the "Old School Reunion" and if not I would like to say possible June 19 but not set in stone. As soon as we can confirm we will get back to you. Looking forward to seeing you guys again this year.

AB
Old 03-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Hi Jim!

We are still not sure but we will try, once again to possible hook up with the "Old School Reunion" and if not I would like to say possible June 19 but not set in stone. As soon as we can confirm we will get back to you. Looking forward to seeing you guys again this year.

AB
Hey Jeff!

I think I am losing it, Hi Jim?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Detroit River No Wake Zone Map

There seems to be a lot of confussion about the wake limits in the Wyandotte area and on the river in general. You guys are way off in Wyandotte. No wake limits are only 300 feet in Wyandotte but around Grosse Ile the limit is 1000 feet. That makes the whole Trenton channel a no wake zone. Wyandotte needs to update their wake limits if they want the area in front of JB Warf to be a no wake zone. Here's the link to the map on the Wayne County Web Site.
http://www.waynecounty.com/mygovt/sheriff/wakes.aspx

Last edited by kaama377; 04-12-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaama377
There seems to be a lot of confussion about the wake limits in the Wyandotte area and on the river in general. You guys are way off in Wyandotte. No wake limits are only 300 feet in Wyandotte but around Grosse Ile the limit is 1000 feet. That makes the whole Trenton channel a no wake zone. Wyandotte needs to update their wake limits if they want the area in front of JB Warf to be a no wake zone. Here's the link to the map on the Wayne County Web Site.
Good find, never seen this one before but looks like wayne county does not enforce these limits at all in accordance to the map, wonder what there guidelines are for the actual running conditions ?
Old 04-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a Wayne County Sherrif Sign posted right on the docks next to the Wyandotte Boat Ramp that states 1000' no wake zone. I was just in front of these docks yesterday.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

they need to make a deal with the local marina,s on either side of the resturant,,,both have gates that would lead to jacks in wyandotte,,,,charge what thay can get,,,would be worth it to me
Old 04-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

Thanks for the post... I have to say though... I always blow through the 1000' no wake zones, and I've never had a problem. I knew about the S. shore of Belle Isle (found out the hard way, but only got a warning), and I try to stay out of Canada as much as possible (so the Grass Island no wake didn't apply), but those other two I've always blown right by (more so out of ignorance than anything, I just didn't know that they were there) and never had a problem.

That said, those two seem ridiculous to me. I understand protecting the beach at Belle Isle, I understand protecting the homes on Grosse Isle, but 1000' from shore, what are you really protecting?
Old 04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Thanks for the post... I have to say though... I always blow through the 1000' no wake zones, and I've never had a problem. I knew about the S. shore of Belle Isle (found out the hard way, but only got a warning), and I try to stay out of Canada as much as possible (so the Grass Island no wake didn't apply), but those other two I've always blown right by (more so out of ignorance than anything, I just didn't know that they were there) and never had a problem.

That said, those two seem ridiculous to me. I understand protecting the beach at Belle Isle, I understand protecting the homes on Grosse Isle, but 1000' from shore, what are you really protecting?
In wyandotte, the 1000' no wake zone is to protect the concrete seawalls

The one that pisses me off is Wayne County will enforce the Ecorse no wake laws on the otherside of mud island (I, am not talking about between the park and the island). I got pulled over and ticketed for violating the no wake zone on the south east corner of Mud Island..........But yet have never been bothered within the 1000' no wake zone by the wyandotte boat launch. Go Figure..
Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I belong to the Wyandotte Yacht Club (which is actually in Ecorse) right next to the Ecorse public boat ramp. I've known about this map for a couple of seasons now. We always have problens with people kickin it right out of the ramp or in too big of a hurry 'cuz they're late for dinner and even people just cruisin right down the shore line, so last season I printed off a stack and gave them to the ramp to hand out and the mojority of people were happy to get one because like you said a lot of them didn't even know that info even existed much less where to find it. And a lot of the guys that come through there are out of the area walleye fishermen that have no clue what the wake zones are. So I guess I'll keep them supplied again this year.

Last edited by kaama377; 04-13-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Registered

I belong to the Wyandotte Yacht Club (which is actually in Ecorse) right next to the Ecorse public boat ramp. I've known about this map for a couple of seasons now. We always have problens with people kickin it right out of the ramp or in too big of a hurry 'cuz they're late for dinner and even people just cruisin right down the shore line, so last season I printed off a stack and gave them to the ramp to hand out and the mojority of people were happy to get one because like you said a lot of them didn't even know that info even existed much less where to find it. And a lot of the guys that come through there are out of the area walleye fishermen that have no clue what the wake zones are. So I guess I'll keep them supplied again this year.
Screw those walleye fisherman! They think they own the river.... Thank god they are only out there early in the season. Not all of them are that way though. But it seems every time out early in the season I have some guy yelling at me to shut my boat off becasue it's too loud. It's not my fault they are fishish right in the middle of the channel.. You guys know how shallow it is outside of the marked channel right out side of wyandotte & ecorse......

Hey kaama377, I keep my Velocity over at the store & Launch. I have been keeping boats here for quite some time. Had my Baja 250 over there and my Scarab 21 as well. If I am not mistaken you used to have an Orange Kevlar Scarab With Best Shot on the side......

Last edited by low_psi; 04-14-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.