Mackinac Island Marina?

Notices

Mackinac Island Marina?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
,re-asessed what we were doing and proceeded gingerly
Yeah, I am sure you did----love your choice of words for that situation....too funny Smitty!

How about more like....." OVER!!!"
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your referring to Poe Reef or maybe the shoal on the southeast side of the island...I never run that area anymore as our cabin is on the northside of the island about halfway around. I usually cut over to Round Island Light and cut through there depending on how rough it is...I'd have to say if there where 5ftrs out there I'd have to turn back even in my 30' twin. I for one know how quickly the water can change in the Straits and I don't want to get caught out there in that...I've been in 10-12's coming across to Cheyboygan from Bois Blanc only because we had to come back and at that point the ferry wasn't even running across due to weather.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Launch at the county marina in Cheboygan at the mouth of the river and either go east or west around Bois Blanc island depending which way the wind is blowing. Me and old Navy both have slips reserved on Mackinaw Island for the day/night of sunday July 4th so look us up-Baja 272 named never enough and a 28 foot checkmate,we will be sitting on the dock drinking if weather permits. The county marina in Cheboygan lets you park there as long as you want too,plenty of parking and lots of room for launching boats easily up to 50 plus feet,Smitty
Call me on my cell at 989-213-7434 if you want any other details,hopefully see you there!
Sounds like a perfect way to spend the 4th. I missed the Island last year for the first time in 10 years. It is truely an amazing place to boat.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
I think your referring to Poe Reef or maybe the shoal on the southeast side of the island...I never run that area anymore as our cabin is on the northside of the island about halfway around. I usually cut over to Round Island Light and cut through there depending on how rough it is...I'd have to say if there where 5ftrs out there I'd have to turn back even in my 30' twin. I for one know how quickly the water can change in the Straits and I don't want to get caught out there in that...I've been in 10-12's coming across to Cheyboygan from Bois Blanc only because we had to come back and at that point the ferry wasn't even running across due to weather.
I have always wondered if you could cut thru between Bois Blanc island and round island,is there anything you have to watch for,Smitty
Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

I am still planning to be on the island on Sunday the 4th with my 272 Baja "never enough" and old Navy and his checkmate,we both have slips and will be having a few drinks sunday afternoon before going out to the bars/restaurants,Smitty