Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
anybody going to the Hardy Party? >

anybody going to the Hardy Party?

Notices

anybody going to the Hardy Party?

Old 08-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody going to the Hardy Party?

Have been hearing lots of buzzzzz about this hardy Dam get togther and was wondering who is going. Is it a racing thing or just a park and float thing? also what about camping how far is the camp site form the hang out?
any info would be great
Old 08-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FORMULAfast
Have been hearing lots of buzzzzz about this hardy Dam get togther and was wondering who is going. Is it a racing thing or just a park and float thing? also what about camping how far is the camp site form the hang out?
any info would be great
I'll be there if I'm not out of the country by then. Gotta love work possibly making you miss big boating weekends! It is a mixture of both. Saturday morning we typically sit at the north end of the river to look at the hot boats and watch the very limited racing they do, then around 1 head back to the south end at Consumers Beach to tie up and party. Brower park is not far from the party and River Ridge Resort is about half way back up the river.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Registered

Heard there's a **** ton of stumps in the water ways... scary scary...
Old 08-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Registered

I've never had any issues. Just follow other powerboats and you'll be fine until you learn where to go. Stick to the outside of the curves and its plenty deep.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Registered

I've been running the river from dam to dam for years with both boats and wave runners and have yet to find a stump, There is a lot of seaweed this year in the shallow spots. The water has been in the 80's since the end of June.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Registered

we will be there, great party,fast boats and we usually find a nice cove beach the boats and crash till morning.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Registered

I Boat the Hardy pond all summer and as long as you know how to boat a reservoir, you'll be fine as far as stumps. As Cousineau mentioned- stay to the outside of corners and follow others if you're not sure. I have been boating it for the last 4 years most every weekend and haven't hit a stump yet. Floating logs can be a problem in the spring, but by this time of the year most of the crap has been cleared out by the current. Once you get to the north end, the river narrows so you just have to be more careful. Don't go past the 131 overpass too far or you start running into dangerous areas. As others have said - it's pretty weedy this year, but water temps are great. The party is fun, GREAT people watching, bring some beads but can get a little hillbilly at times up in the cut (fights). If you take care of your boat and value it's appearance, I would stay out of the actual cut at Consumers and just raft up out front. If you get into the cut you've got all kinds of people using your boat for a sidewalk and not all of them are courteous. Make sure you watch the no-wake zones and have all your boating gear- cops are thick that weekend. Brower park has the only launch for 30+ft boats, River Ridge is really nice but can only handle 29 and under. Brower is the nicest campground, but will probably be booked. Big Bend Park is a party. Sandy Beach and Oxbow are also campgrounds, but haven't stayed at them before. You can get a slip at River Ridge if you want to stay on the boat and have shorepower. Lots of info, I know- just tryin' to help. Hope to see a few OSO members there!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

northerndoc summed it up pretty good. Consumers cove can become a mad house and if you value appearance of your boat, it is better to raft off on the outside. We have gotten to know a lot of people up there, so we tend to just stick with our group and people who you know will be respectful of your stuff.
Lots of good scenery and lots of fast boats. It is really a fun weekend if you use your head.

I am actually going up to Hardy this weekend to camp and do a little boating on Saturday. If anyone is around stop by and say hi. I have the white and purple 28 foot profile cat with twin outboards.

Mike
Old 08-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Registered

Mike,
What happened on the hustler deal?
Todd
Old 08-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Registered

Decided to hold off until next spring. I have a feeling that boat will still be for sale, but if not, there will be plenty more to choose from. Going to put mine for sale here shortly for a pretty cheap price to see if I get any bites on it. If not, I will still be able to trade it in the spring.

You going up to Hardy Party this year? We will have a good group again at Brower and you are welcome to come.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.