Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Who's going to be on St.Clair Sunday? >

Who's going to be on St.Clair Sunday?

Notices

Who's going to be on St.Clair Sunday?

Old 05-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was out all day. Didn't see any of ya... Next Sat? if the weather holds...
Old 05-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I was out all day. Didn't see any of ya... Next Sat? if the weather holds...
I was only out Sat, at metro beach.

Let's hope for weather like last Sat next Saturday.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just got home from 4 days at Metro Beach. Got caught in a major hail storm when trying to leave the launch this afternoon. But what a great weekend for boating. The water is warm enough to swim already. Seen Chips new Donzi on Saturday afternoon, looks real good. But didn't run into anyone else. Irish did you make it out?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NKissau
Just got home from 4 days at Metro Beach. Got caught in a major hail storm when trying to leave the launch this afternoon. But what a great weekend for boating. The water is warm enough to swim already. Seen Chips new Donzi on Saturday afternoon, looks real good. But didn't run into anyone else. Irish did you make it out?
No never made it out...Finally got boat put back together today and then it started raining...I'm heading out in morning to do some testing. Hopefully no issues....
Old 06-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Registered

Amazing number of boats out for this early. Was out in a Silverton in Poormans and was more crowded this weekend than any weekend I was there last year. Fingerscrossed for boating friendly season this year!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
Congrats then, it really stood out! My non boat-crazy buddies were drooling over it too. I was there by land so I didn't get to cruise by and see too close.

Sounds like a great package w/ the 525's. How's it run?
Thank man! i've been saving for 4 years to get her..we'er running low 90s at 4850-4900 rpm to much prop and cuts right thru the bumpy stuff like a 42 footer.. super happy with Donzi on this model
Old 06-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered

Great choice of boat! Ran a 38 with the ilmors, so I'm sure its great with the 525s as well. Perfect boat for LSC.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
I am finding that element to be heaver now that there are so many repos out there. I have notice a lot of "white trash" where we boat as well. That and all the younger kids who are just learning how to hold there booze....
Repos don't really have much to do with it... A lot of those fools drive to Harsen's Island, jump in the water and walk over to the party (which is why they're always trying to "bum" a boat to sit on).

The Moot can be whatever you make of it though. If you don't go over by the filth you can avoid it if you want to. I NEVER tie my boat up to "the line." I'll walk through it a couple of times here and there, but I generally anchor by myself or with my friends 50 yards or so out from it, and walk over for the chit-show and come back to my peace and quiet.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Out Saturday and Sunday, I think I saw more boats on Sat than on Sun. I have a 42 Fountain with Red, Yellow, and Silver graphics. Not fast but I think I look GOOD!!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Repos don't really have much to do with it... A lot of those fools drive to Harsen's Island, jump in the water and walk over to the party (which is why they're always trying to "bum" a boat to sit on).

The Moot can be whatever you make of it though. If you don't go over by the filth you can avoid it if you want to. I NEVER tie my boat up to "the line." I'll walk through it a couple of times here and there, but I generally anchor by myself or with my friends 50 yards or so out from it, and walk over for the chit-show and come back to my peace and quiet.

I was more talking about the area I hang out at. I have noticed more people with larger boats than their budgets would normally would afford and they banging into every one elses boat, get all pissed becasue I don't stop what I am doing to make sure they are able to anchor their boat.

Example: People that would normally buy a cheap pontoon or a 16' runabout, buy a 26' Searay and have NO boating experience, then see my boat backed up to an island and think, hey that looks easy. Then with their single screw searay, and a stong detroit current back their boat up into the sand. Then drop theire anchor directly off the front of the boat. Then spend the next 45 min trying to figure out why their boat keeps floating away with the current, all the while getting all upset becasue I am sitting back enjoying my "adult beverage" and not out their explaining how to properly anchor a boat in a current. Last year I actually had some lady yell at me becasue i "didn't get off my ass to help and watched them slam into my boat" I laughed, then got up an asked why she thought it was my responsibility to make sure they have a "stress free" day. Believe me I didn't enjoy them hitting my boat, but at the time it was my older Baja Force (onloy paid $6k for it) and I was fresh off back surgery and still in a brace. Which actually made the situation funnier, having someone yell at me becasue I didn't jump up out of my chair and back brace to jump in between their boat to stop it from hitting mine.

Last edited by low_psi; 06-01-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.