Notices

Torch Launches?

Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torch Launches?

Hey all- went up to torch this weekend and launched at the torch river site. Been coming here for a while now and just getting tired of dealing with the ramp (or lack thereof). Was wondering if those in the know could point me to a better launch than the ones on the river. I live in Cadillac, MI so I'm coming from the south, but would drive a little further if it meant a decent paved ramp and a real parking lot. Is there one in Alden by any chance? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Registered

How big of a boat are you launching? There are public launches in Torch Lake Township, Alden, and the North end.

We were putting my cousins 38 Cig in at Luhrs on the river.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

D2HP was that u in the older Cig with the newer graphics on the 4th?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Registered

It's only a 24ft boat, but I was looking for a paved launch that might have an actual parking lot. I'm not familiar with "Luhrs"... where is that? We launched right at the mouth of the river near the sandbar and it was a mess. Just wondering what else is available in the area and how to get to them. Thanks again for any ideas.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by northerndoc
It's only a 24ft boat, but I was looking for a paved launch that might have an actual parking lot. I'm not familiar with "Luhrs"... where is that? We launched right at the mouth of the river near the sandbar and it was a mess. Just wondering what else is available in the area and how to get to them. Thanks again for any ideas.
Off subject but is this "northerndoc" from TY4STROKE.COM?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey all- went up to torch this weekend and launched at the torch river site. Been coming here for a while now and just getting tired of dealing with the ramp (or lack thereof). Was wondering if those in the know could point me to a better launch than the ones on the river. I live in Cadillac, MI so I'm coming from the south, but would drive a little further if it meant a decent paved ramp and a real parking lot. Is there one in Alden by any chance? Any help would be appreciated!
If you like the river cruise Elk Lake has a great launch.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered

Sure is, stopdrop... Gotta have something to do until the snow flies! How's the summer been over in WI?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Registered

Sure is, stopdrop... Gotta have something to do until the snow flies! How's the summer been over in WI?
very good, with new canoe, just one more money pit!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Registered

If it's got a motor, it's gonna be a money pit sooner or later... Lots of fun though! Trying to upgrade to something with twin "money pits" right now... Want a boat that's almost as fast as my sled....
Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
D2HP was that u in the older Cig with the newer graphics on the 4th?
The cig was parked up at the Day park on the 4th, the boat is an 04 w/ blue sides and some red and silver mixed in. It was brought up for Boyne Thunder, we ran it in Torch on Tuesday, and Wed night / Thursday. Ran out of Elk the other days and did the Poker run thing Friday and Saturday.

Doc, the best launches for you would probably be Torch Lake township day park, or Alden. Not sure how they work the parking at Alden though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.