OPA BOAT RACES LAKE ST CLAIR JULY 16-18th >

OPA BOAT RACES LAKE ST CLAIR JULY 16-18th

Notices

OPA BOAT RACES LAKE ST CLAIR JULY 16-18th

Old 07-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
Sounds like they will have some in/out this weekend.

They won't be running the lifts 11-4 on Sat and 10-4 on Sunday, so that's much better than just "no in/out maybe".

Just sucks trying to get a group of jackasses over there before 11 on a Sat morning....might be stuck going out at 4 haha.
Ha!.. I hear that... It's a B!TCH trying to get everyone packed and ready by 10-11:00a.m. When I want that to happen I tell everyone "9:30 at the LATEST" and they usually get there around 10:15 - 10:30...

God forbid the girls show up without their hair done...

Rick, I was looking at that vette immediately after you posted your ad. I was wondering what they're going for on CL. That's a pretty sweet looking ride.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Ha!.. I hear that... It's a B!TCH trying to get everyone packed and ready by 10-11:00a.m. When I want that to happen I tell everyone "9:30 at the LATEST" and they usually get there around 10:15 - 10:30...

God forbid the girls show up without their hair done...

Rick, I was looking at that vette immediately after you posted your ad. I was wondering what they're going for on CL. That's a pretty sweet looking ride.
No kidding, I can't get people to show up anytime near when I tell them to! I'm just going to watch the races there and go out at 4 or as soon as possible.

Thanks, from what I've looked on Autotrader, etc, that's about as cheap as any 08 out there (big improvements from 07 to 08, interior and LS3). The only other comparably priced I've seen are the yellow hertz rentals with similar miles.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I was at Beacon Cove Marina this evening for a race meeting for Medical Boats, Cobra Boats, Dive Boats and Turn Boats and there were about 10 race boats there, Miss Geico was there in all her splendor, that is one big boat. Who's your Daddy, Ilmor, Amsoil, Formula Unlimited Hydro was on display and the Formula Offshore, Lightning Jacks and a few more. I'm sure they will be rolling in tonight and tomorrow. There was a band on the water and there was a good crowd when I left and the cars were still coming in. Hoping that the weather gives us a break on Sunday.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I got a Beacon Cove story.
I had my boat, 32' Fountain , stored on one of the outside racks when they added those about five years ago. Midway thru my second summer in those racks they called and told me I had to remove my boat from the rack storage because it was to heavy and broke the chain on the high lo !
Ended up having to go into a well for the remainder of the season. Funny thing was another boat took over that rack two days later and was similar in size. I'm thinking someone wanted a rack enough to pay an additional fee to get one.

ed
I was told the same chit 2 years ago. There is a 35 Fountain there and many other boats heavier than mine. I even have the weigh slip...