OPA BOAT RACES LAKE ST CLAIR JULY 16-18th >

OPA BOAT RACES LAKE ST CLAIR JULY 16-18th

Notices

OPA BOAT RACES LAKE ST CLAIR JULY 16-18th

Old 07-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up OPA BOAT RACES LAKE ST CLAIR JULY 16-18th

OPA Offshore races on Lake St. Clair. Beacon Cove Marina hosting the event $10 per person to get in. There will be live bands Saturday and Sunday, food, Beer tent, and alot of fun.
My Name Is Justin Osen with Don Gooley Cadillac we will be one of the sponsors feel free to check out our display. If you come by boat it is $65 for the well a night and you get 2 passes. Call Karen for R.S.V.P. 586-463-3864
Old 07-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Registered

Do you know what the deal is for those of us who's boats are racked at Beacon? I plan on going out Sat......

Where's a good spot to watch from the water?

Last, what's a lease on a CTS coupe gonna run, and do you want an 08 vette on trade haha.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Registered

Call karen on the rack issue. As for cts coupe you wont be able to lease one untill september. I will take your vette on trade.
Ill be there Saturday I have a Cigarette top gun red and white.
Justin
Old 07-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a boat at the rack at Beacon Cove (like I do!) you get 2 VIP passes and (I think) 4 regular guest passes to the marina.

The Beacon Cove hi-lows are not deploying the race boats, they are being deployed by crane (or trailer I guess), but they will be using the rack storage input area to place the boats in the water. If you want to use your boat and it is in the rack I was told that you should get it in the water by noon (before they start deploying the race boats) and you'll likely have to stay out until approximately 4p.m. (when they're done putting them away).

At least that was the run-down I got from Karen last weekend. I hope that helps!

I'll be down there for sure...

On a side note:
1) Don't trade the 08 Vette, sell it to me for trade-in value!!!

2) A good spot to watch them is generally just before a corner. If its anything like the course that they use to have when they were launched out of Metro Beach the start/finish line was some of the best viewing (you got to see who won, and there is a nice turn just before the finish line). If I remember correctly Turn 1 was the most aggressive turn and there was some pretty impressive viewing over there, but we were usually a "cobra" boat or volunteer boat, so we didn't get to watch much racing... we were busy chasing down rejects that were trying to drive across the course...

Last edited by wjb21ndtown; 07-15-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
If you have a boat at the rack at Beacon Cove (like I do!) you get 2 VIP passes and (I think) 4 regular guest passes to the marina.

The Beacon Cove hi-lows are not deploying the race boats, they are being deployed by crane (or trailer I guess), but they will be using the rack storage input area to place the boats in the water. If you want to use your boat and it is in the rack I was told that you should get it in the water by noon (before they start deploying the race boats) and you'll likely have to stay out until approximately 4p.m. (when they're done putting them away).

At least that was the run-down I got from Karen last weekend. I hope that helps!

I'll be down there for sure...

On a side note:
1) Don't trade the 08 Vette, sell it to me for trade-in value!!!

2) A good spot to watch them is generally just before a corner. If its anything like the course that they use to have when they were launched out of Metro Beach the start/finish line was some of the best viewing (you got to see who won, and there is a nice turn just before the finish line). If I remember correctly Turn 1 was the most aggressive turn and there was some pretty impressive viewing over there, but we were usually a "cobra" boat or volunteer boat, so we didn't get to watch much racing... we were busy chasing down rejects that were trying to drive across the course...
On the vette....deal http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/1839770276.html

I went out to try to do a little work on the boat today (of course didn't get it done due to the torrential downpour soon after the boat got on the rack). Karen came by and it looks like I only got 2 vip passes, and 2 guest maybe all together at best......

Here's the best part, she said she's not sure they can get the boats in at all because the crane might be too big and block the lifts. When I had even asked about it at all she frankly didn't give a **** and said nothing more than "you signed the waiver" and gave a scowl that I even asked!

I'm not real happy to lose a weekend on the boat, have any guests beyond 3 have to pay $10 each (if I can get boat out), and be treated like "tough ****" by Karen. I guess the couple grand of year long customer's money is worthless, if there's a race!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by osen007
Call karen on the rack issue. As for cts coupe you wont be able to lease one untill september. I will take your vette on trade.
Ill be there Saturday I have a Cigarette top gun red and white.
Justin
We are shipping the coupe's early, I'd bet you can buy in August.

What year cig, I'll look for you.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At Beacon or anywhere the Velgers have a hand in, it's all about the $$$$$$ I'm suprised she didnt try to rent you a well Fri thru Mon at aditional cost!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW over at Sundog they let us leave the boats in the covered wells if we don't want to put them on the trailers. Just a thought for next year
Old 07-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
At Beacon or anywhere the Velgers have a hand in, it's all about the $$$$$$ I'm suprised she didnt try to rent you a well Fri thru Mon at aditional cost!
Funny you mention that, she said she could put it in a well (in a tone like it would be a huge hassle for her, and we'd be lucky) if it was in by tomorrow during the day, as I don't have to work or anything I'm sure. I was afraid to ask though if she'd charge.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
BTW over at Sundog they let us leave the boats in the covered wells if we don't want to put them on the trailers. Just a thought for next year
This definitely has me thinking of moving somewhere!

I want to find a lift slip somewhere.

You going to watch the races?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.