Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Madison Lakes Get Together- Aug. 14th >

Madison Lakes Get Together- Aug. 14th

Notices

Madison Lakes Get Together- Aug. 14th

Old 08-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, with the high water, Lake Menona has been shut down to slow no wake. The water has been coming down about 2.5 inches a week, however, seems we get more rain every third day. If the water does not lowwer to the point of lifting the SNW on Menona, we will stay on Lake Mendota.

Also, I did go to Naughty Gal on Saturday night, with the high water, my Eliminator with no windshield had about 5 inches to spare going under the bridge to the restaurant. It was pretty tight. There is more clearance with the bridges on the channel between Lakes, however, if the water does not come down more, I don't think some of the bigger go fasts will get through. I'll keep you posted in the next couple of weeks. Here is some reading meanwhile.

www.countyofdane.com
Old 08-05-2010, 06:42 PM
zrx
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about Lake Wisconsin as an option if the water levels are still an issue???
Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zrx
How about Lake Wisconsin as an option if the water levels are still an issue???
As of right now, from the ferry north is slow no wake......

http://www.co.columbia.wi.us/ColumbiaCounty/

Looks like they just discontinued the SNW for Lake Menona. That's great news.

http://www.countyofdane.com/press/details.aspx?id=2250

Last edited by cloudmaster_321; 08-05-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like things are falling right into place. Should be fun.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Registered

With a change of plans now I will be able to attend! Hope the weather works out and the lakes keep going down. I asume times will get posted as well as more detailed info next week?
Old 08-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stopdropanroll
With a change of plans now I will be able to attend! Hope the weather works out and the lakes keep going down. I asume times will get posted as well as more detailed info next week?
Yup, for sure. I'll work on the thread through out the week. Glad to see you can make it.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered

Add a 25 Warlock to the list of boats that will be attending.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

Yep...weather starting to shape up...possible T-Storm...but that should firm up by Saturday. If the levels are up, I won't get under the bridge at Nauti-Gals with my windshield...is there slips to use before the bridge. Last year I had maybe 2" clearance...more like 1". Are we launching at the same spot...time?
Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Registered

My windshield is the same height as yours. I also had about an inch to spare.
The bridge I am more concerned about is the 2nd one north of Lake Menona.
I was planning on putting in at Warner Park which is on the east side of Mendota.
I believe there is a place to dock just before the bridge by the Nauti Gal ,so that shouldn't be a problem.
Hopefully the water will go down this week. It's supposed to be hot.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Registered

Meet up spot will be at Marshall Park like years in the past. They have a beautiful park/launch. Also, if anyone is wanting to spend the night at Mendota Cty Park, Marshall is relatively close by. Figure getting there between 930 and 10am. I'd like to have everyone in the water and ready to go by 1030 so we can take advantage of a realetively calm Mendota and then start the tour.

Now as far as the weather. Mendota and Menona both went up 2-2.5 inches as of Sat-Sun's rain. I'd say it's borderline as of right now wether Menona is put back on slow no wake. If we get more rain this week, it could very well do that. Unfortunately, I do not know how the bridge clearances will play out for any of the boats until the day of. Nautigal's is pretty low almost all the time. I wasn't expecting many people to attempt that one. I know it's 5 days out, but as of now they are forcasting the possibility of rain for saturday, with Sunday being the good day. We will have to make the call closer to saturday wether or not we want to go with the rain date of Sunday. Below is my number if anyone wants to chat.

Reminder: If you have mufflers, use them. If you have switcheables, keep it relatively quiet, and dont switch them, the sheriff's will pick up on that and follow us the rest of the day.

Ryan
608-712-4194

Last edited by cloudmaster_321; 08-09-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.