Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Bud Bash / Houghton Lake >

Bud Bash / Houghton Lake

Notices

Bud Bash / Houghton Lake

Old 07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I went a few years ago before the crackdown and it was okay. Some seriously retarded drunks though! And some nasty chix running around naked.

It would be fun on someone else's pontoon boat! LOL
Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RivMan
I've never been there, but I'm planning on hauling the Scarab up there with a few friends this year. Any recommendations on places to stay, camping or otherwise?

Thanks
-Rob
Hope you don't have a nice boat cause the majority of the boats here are pontoons and they don't have any consideration for fiberglass or your boat...Also lake is VERY shallow...

I'm with Pete I wouldn't waste my time to go there the cops just want to write tickets and that event just gives them the opportunity. Not something I'll attend again..

I'm originally from that area as well...I'd spend my money going to Torch, Muscamoot or Put in Bay
Old 07-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Hope you don't have a nice boat cause the majority of the boats here are pontoons and they don't have any consideration for fiberglass or your boat...Also lake is VERY shallow...
X2...I anchored my boat a LONG ways from the crowd and walked.

It could easily be called "white trash pontoon fest". LOL
Old 07-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I plan to anchor away from the party and walk up, same way I do Jobbie... How shallow is the lake, am I going to be busting up props if I take a cruise around? My boat isn't the biggest or most expensive, but it's mint, and I try to keep it that way.

1990 21' Scarab Excel

Thanks
-Rob
Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Registered

Its not that shallow...You'll be alright..
Old 07-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Registered

Yeah, I plan to anchor away from the party and walk up, same way I do Jobbie... How shallow is the lake, am I going to be busting up props if I take a cruise around? My boat isn't the biggest or most expensive, but it's mint, and I try to keep it that way.

1990 21' Scarab Excel

Thanks
-Rob
The shoreline takes forever to get deep but I was TOLD that the middle is safe with no sandbars/shallow spots. So stick to the middle and you should be fine.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
Have fun with jonny law... I'm sure they'll be thicker than **** this weekend lookin for revenue!
you cant even snowmobile on that lake dead of winter temps -20 without being harassed by johhny law, cant imagine how thick they would be on a beautiful sunny summer weekend
Old 07-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1990 21' Scarab Excel

Thanks
-Rob

The middle of the lake is really deep... Like 75'+... Near the shore out there isn't bad, it's still like 4'. It is a lot like finding a spot to anchor in Muskamoot Bay - if you watch your depth gauge and trim your drives up you'll be fine.

We generally anchor to the left of Limber Lost as you sit in the water and look at the bar and walk over to the party as well. I do the same for JN, as I don't like being "stuck" in the middle of a bunch of filth. It's nice to have a safe haven away from the chaos, and as easy way to leave whenever you'd like.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
X2...I anchored my boat a LONG ways from the crowd and walked.

It could easily be called "white trash pontoon fest". LOL
You ain't kiddin'... When I describe the party to people that know Jobbienooner but don't know Bud Bash I tell them that the two parties are very similar, but you have to sway fiberglass V's for pontoons and there's about the same amount of people out there but only 1/2 the amount of teeth...

There sure is some good people watchin' out that way... Gotta love locals...
Old 07-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
The middle of the lake is really deep... Like 75'+... Near the shore out there isn't bad, it's still like 4'. It is a lot like finding a spot to anchor in Muskamoot Bay - if you watch your depth gauge and trim your drives up you'll be fine.

We generally anchor to the left of Limber Lost as you sit in the water and look at the bar and walk over to the party as well. I do the same for JN, as I don't like being "stuck" in the middle of a bunch of filth. It's nice to have a safe haven away from the chaos, and as easy way to leave whenever you'd like.
Actually the deepest spot is 22 ft and the lake has an average depth of 7 1/2 ft

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.