anybody going to the Hardy Party? >

anybody going to the Hardy Party?

Notices

anybody going to the Hardy Party?

Old 08-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by northerndoc
I Boat the Hardy pond all summer and as long as you know how to boat a reservoir, you'll be fine as far as stumps. As Cousineau mentioned- stay to the outside of corners and follow others if you're not sure. I have been boating it for the last 4 years most every weekend and haven't hit a stump yet. Floating logs can be a problem in the spring, but by this time of the year most of the crap has been cleared out by the current. Once you get to the north end, the river narrows so you just have to be more careful. Don't go past the 131 overpass too far or you start running into dangerous areas. As others have said - it's pretty weedy this year, but water temps are great. The party is fun, GREAT people watching, bring some beads but can get a little hillbilly at times up in the cut (fights). If you take care of your boat and value it's appearance, I would stay out of the actual cut at Consumers and just raft up out front. If you get into the cut you've got all kinds of people using your boat for a sidewalk and not all of them are courteous. Make sure you watch the no-wake zones and have all your boating gear- cops are thick that weekend. Brower park has the only launch for 30+ft boats, River Ridge is really nice but can only handle 29 and under. Brower is the nicest campground, but will probably be booked. Big Bend Park is a party. Sandy Beach and Oxbow are also campgrounds, but haven't stayed at them before. You can get a slip at River Ridge if you want to stay on the boat and have shorepower. Lots of info, I know- just tryin' to help. Hope to see a few OSO members there!
During this weekend are the cops enforcing the 55 mph inland lake speed limit? That could take alot of the fun out of it.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what I understand its a river and the inland lake speed laws do not apply. I never had or even heard of the cops inforcing speeds there.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It all depends on the cop...
The speed laws DO apply.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Registered

Another thing to remember...have a solber driver if you come back from consumers. Last year there was a couple of coast guard boats and dnr boats near Brower getting people coming in. There were also a couple of state police cars at the launch. They would wait till a truck backed in the ramp then check the boat and truck driver.

One more reason it is fun to get off the water a little early and sit by the launch Sat. night and watch the show

As stated earlier....In over ten years I have never heard of the police enforcing the speed law.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Registered

they don't care about noise up their nether they are mainly focused on drunk driving.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I have only been there a few times but the law seems to be watching the no wake zones closely. I didn't go last year cause I heard the cops were cracking down. A friend went and said they were fine as long as you weren't being stupid and obeying the no wake zones.

As far as the stumps I have never had a problem but I mainly stick between Brower and Consumer's. Heading North can get a little scary if you're not following another boat. I had a friend that knew the river very well when I went North. And remember, high banks deep water, low banks shallow water.

I never boat there other than Hot Boat but this weekend is a great time!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Registered

Last year on Sunday I overheard a guy in a saber said he got pulled over and was clocked at 77 mph... no idea if he got a ticket or anything though.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Sorry to hear that Todd, take your time getting it back together. Summer is fading fast! You can always ride with me.
Andy, When are you coming up??? We are planning on being there Wed. Don't really know about the rest of the crowd.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reality Check
Andy, When are you coming up??? We are planning on being there Wed. Don't really know about the rest of the crowd.
I'm thinking of making the trip, not sure yet though
Old 09-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Leaving this morning,dropping dogs off and stopping by my cabin in harrison to pick a few things up,see everyone there!!!
Remember too: if your going to Brower no pets are allowed!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.