Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit) >

Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)

Notices

Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)

Old 01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I will hopefully have xt doing mine next winter.... Only thing is someone said he couldn't fit big boats inside his shop yet. Don't know if that's still the case or not. I want to change the patterns and update some cushions
Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just do like I did. In the fall, take it apart yourself and ship him them (or drop it off) the items to be recovered. It will probably save you a ton of labor cost as well. I pulled my complete cockpit interior out in under 2 hours. I expect it to take twice as long to reassemble as care will have to be taken as to not damage the new vinyl.........
Old 01-19-2011, 10:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
I will hopefully have xt doing mine next winter.... Only thing is someone said he couldn't fit big boats inside his shop yet. Don't know if that's still the case or not. I want to change the patterns and update some cushions
they have access to a building to use for big boats that wont fit at their shop
Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Just do like I did. In the fall, take it apart yourself and ship him them (or drop it off) the items to be recovered. It will probably save you a ton of labor cost as well. I pulled my complete cockpit interior out in under 2 hours. I expect it to take twice as long to reassemble as care will have to be taken as to not damage the new vinyl.........
Who is doing it in the downriver area?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by showtime83
Who is doing it in the downriver area?
I am having Bohemian Custom Canvas do the work. It is a single man shop. He has been in business for a long time and I have heard he does good work. He is located on W. Jefferson (Biddle in Wyandotte), right by the Wyandotte Boat Ramp. I live less than a mile away and will be stopping in frequently to keep an eye on the progress. My friends think I suffer from a mild case of OCD, but in a good way. I am a perfectionist, so I am sure I will be driving this guy nuts.....
Old 02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Custom Interiors & More

low psi,

Have you had the chance check-in on the interior job? If you get any doubts about it, just give me a call.

Ed, JohnAT, Alum Metal Fab - Thanks all for your support!

NKissau - Would like you to send us some photos of what your looking to replace, and get you a good quote on the Powerquest.

FuelinAround - Too bad things did not work-out for this winter. Next fall for sure! Like Ed said, we often rent space from Checkmate Marine if we need room for larger boats. We have a 200' building ourself, but not enough headroom. Keep in mind that if we are renting space on our tab, a customers boat will get done in a short amount of time. (No back burner stuff here)

XT
Old 02-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Custom Interiors & More

I don't want to scare anyone, but here are a couple pic's of a Baja 24 Outlaw that we quoted for a guy in Toledo OH. His interior was destroyed by vandals that stoled the stereo, and speakers causing damage to the side pads. His bolsters were fine, but everything needed redone so it would all match. Here are a couple photos after he got it back from a canvas shop in Toledo.

The shop that did this work had quoted a little less than we did, and was local. The insurance co. put his name on half the payment, and he later argued that the wrinkles would go away in the sunlight.

Then they needed me to send a written statement for OUR PROFESSIONAL OPINION so that he could hire a lawyer to try to get his down payment back from them. I think he just ended-up selling the boat, from what I know?

XT
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)-bolsters_before.jpg   Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)-before_cockpit.jpg   Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)-port_bolster.jpg  

Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)-stereo_pad.jpg   Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)-areo_seat.jpg  
Old 02-02-2011, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i saw that boat after it was " repaired " and the pictures dont even begin to show how bad it was someone should take the sewing machines away from the shop that scabbed that thing together
Old 02-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wrinkles would go away in the sunlight Amazing what some people say. I'm also a perfectionist and would never let any job big nor small out of my shop that looked like that then tell them something bogus.

Last edited by Alum Metal Fab; 02-03-2011 at 07:53 AM.