Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Concept 30 SF w/twin 225 OptiMax

Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)

I have a 2003 Velocity 260 that needs a complete cockpit vinyl rework including engine cover/sundeck. All panels are plastic, not wood and all foam is in perfect shape. I purchased the boat as a repo that was left in Vegas sun, so the vinyl lost all color. All of the vinyl is intact and un ripped but looks like $hit. Anyway I have complete interior removed from the boat an looking for a reliable person to do the work. I have been quoted $3500 from a shop down the road. I have no idea if that is high, low, or spot on..... My requirement is, all work obviously must be high quality, but also need to replicate the factory set up exactly. I am located in the Downriver MI area (Wyandotte to be exact). Anyone know of some shops or privaters that are local and do excellent work?

Platinum Member Platinum Member Ebay Ed's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1998 Baja Boss 272 HP 500 EFI, 1984 BAJA 164 Sunsport 90 hp Evinrude
    only place to go is XT Innovations in Bucyrus Ohio if you want it done right and they are only a few hours from you Ed 419-721-1778

Registered
    My Boats:
    85 Baja Force 320
    Quote Originally Posted by low_psi View Post
    I have a 2003 Velocity 260 that needs a complete cockpit vinyl rework including engine cover/sundeck. All panels are plastic, not wood and all foam is in perfect shape. I purchased the boat as a repo that was left in Vegas sun, so the vinyl lost all color. All of the vinyl is intact and un ripped but looks like $hit. Anyway I have complete interior removed from the boat an looking for a reliable person to do the work. I have been quoted $3500 from a shop down the road. I have no idea if that is high, low, or spot on..... My requirement is, all work obviously must be high quality, but also need to replicate the factory set up exactly. I am located in the Downriver MI area (Wyandotte to be exact). Anyone know of some shops or privaters that are local and do excellent work?
    There was a place that people were sending skins to in order to have them duplicated. If you're comfortable removing and re-installing it might be a good option.

May want to post the idea in the boating on a budget forum if you're interested in it.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1997 Active Thunder 25'
    low psi, I have seen Ed's boat interior in person, outstanding workmanship. When I need anything done to my interior, I will be taking it to them.

Registered
    My Boats:
    Powerquest
    Quote Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown View Post
    There was a place that people were sending skins to in order to have them duplicated. If you're comfortable removing and re-installing it might be a good option.

May want to post the idea in the boating on a budget forum if you're interested in it.
    Copycat covers in florida. I used them for 1 panel that got screwed up on my boat. you send them the skin and they copy it. i was happy with the results and the price however like anything else, i have read some bad stories about the place in other forums here. i would use them again.

Registered Platinum Member THEJOKER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
    Why not ship back to the Velocity factory?

Registered
    My Boats:
    Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    Why not ship back to the Velocity factory?
    I don't think shipping an entire interior back to the factory would be very cost effective.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ebay Ed View Post
    only place to go is XT Innovations in Bucyrus Ohio if you want it done right and they are only a few hours from you Ed 419-721-1778
    I sent XT an email this evening with the link below. Hopefully they can give me a ballpark price based on the pics and measurements I took.

http://site.activesportsunglasses.co...rior_work.html
    Last edited by low_psi; 12-05-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Offshoreonly Advertiser Offshoreonly Advertiser
    Another vote for XT. Seen they're work up close and its A+.

Registered
    My Boats:
    **For Sale**2000 Powerquest 380
    low psi,
    Any update on this? Did you talk to XT? Kind of interested myself.

Registered
    My Boats:
    I ended up going with a local guy. XT offered a very competative price, actually exactly what my local guy and another shop quoted. XT even offered to pick up the parts from me while they had a driver in town. I just prefer when possible to keep my money local......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast