Notices

Calgary, Canada

Old 12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calgary, Canada

Looking at some work in Calgary, Canada. Is there any great places to run a 36 Nor Tech?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Registered

no not in calgary,but look on the map and find kootenay lake in southeast british columbia,its about 4 hours away but you will think you have gone to boating heaven.the only drawback is the lake is coldbeacause it is glacier fed but some great boating,and a little further into bc there is okanagan lake and the shushwap lakes you would probably be the big dog on most lakes,but i think you maybe suprised at some of the hardware on any of the lakes.i am in regina saskatchewan and have a 21 outboard that runs around 90 and this year on labour day i got spanked twice,both by brand new cats,there is starting to be a lot more perf boats in the area,lots of young guys making well over 150k per year in the oil biz with nothing to do with it.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

We delivered a 47 Outerlimits GTX to a customer in Calgary and there is no where close to run the boat. Clagary is not his primary residence but I think usually boats on Shuswap lake which is hours away
Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hydropro
Looking at some work in Calgary, Canada. Is there any great places to run a 36 Nor Tech?
What the hell?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jimmyjr
no not in calgary,but look on the map and find kootenay lake in southeast british columbia,its about 4 hours away but you will think you have gone to boating heaven.the only drawback is the lake is coldbeacause it is glacier fed but some great boating,and a little further into bc there is okanagan lake and the shushwap lakes you would probably be the big dog on most lakes,but i think you maybe suprised at some of the hardware on any of the lakes.i am in regina saskatchewan and have a 21 outboard that runs around 90 and this year on labour day i got spanked twice,both by brand new cats,there is starting to be a lot more perf boats in the area,lots of young guys making well over 150k per year in the oil biz with nothing to do with it.
150K? Where do I apply??

Michael
Old 12-31-2010, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
150K? Where do I apply??

Michael
x2
Old 12-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Registered

its not b.s. its all oilfield work,look into places like estevan sask,kindersley sask,weyburn sask,aberta has slowed some but saskatchewans oil biz is just coming into an upswing.i am in the car biz and i see all the pay stubs and credit apps.just sold a 2010 harley 350 crew cab over 65k to a 22 yr old who works in estevan for a company called presicion drilling,he put 35k down and financed the rest but the 35k was his bonus and his last year t4 was over 130k.but they do work hard and in pretty adverse conditions,but if you want it its out here,you just gotta work for it.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Registered

Who said it was BS???? I am outta work and would like to know where to apply, that was all

Michael
Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

im pretty sure you can apply online but im not sure i do have an appoitment with one of the leadhand guys[he would be in charge of basic hiring]on tuesday and i will provide a link for you.there are quite afew guys from back home [ont]who are making the move.and its just not the oil biz its everything from sales to welding home building,construction,mining[potash][diamonds]etc.aso try looking up saskjobs.ca that website should give you a pretty good idea of what is available,i hope this helps,and orry to hear you are out of work,i work for a gm store,and i know oshawa got hit pretty hard.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Registered

sorry,i wasnt trying to imply you didnt belive me,try looking at saskjobs.ca and i think that shoul give you a good idea of what type of work is availble out here.im sorry to hear you are out of work i have a few friends from the oshawa area and i know it got hit pretty hard.if i can help with anymore info or if you want to come check it out we always have a spare room and a spare sled.just let me know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.