Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torch Lake

Registered
    My Boats:
    2002 PowerPlay 33

Torch Lake

Heading to Torch Lake again this weekend, supposed to be great weather... hope to see you out there

My Boats:
    1999 Pantera 24 Sport
    Have you seen the water patrol checking exhaust noise levels this year? I heard they were checking last weekend.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2002 PowerPlay 33
    yes they have been, the local sheriff came up to me while i was unloading at the marina and said they would be out checking noise levels. toss the mufflers on for the check so you get your pass slip then throw the straight pipes back on!! lol

Registered
    My Boats:
    01' Baja 272
    Quote Originally Posted by ajfisher View Post
    Heading to Torch Lake again this weekend, supposed to be great weather... hope to see you out there
    I'll be at the Dockside via motorcycle Sunday afternoon.

mb.

Registered
    My Boats:
    HTM SR-24
    We're Heading up there the weekend of july 8...are they checking noise levels every weekend? I hear its a $300 ticket and there targeting for noisey boats.

Platinum Member Platinum Member kaama82's Avatar
    My Boats:
    32 Skater
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky cat View Post
    We're Heading up there the weekend of july 8...are they checking noise levels every weekend? I hear its a $300 ticket and there targeting for noisey boats.
    300 beans. That's kinda pricey.....
    OUT OF A JOB YET?? kEEP BUYING FOREIGN PRODUCTS, YOU WILL BE!!!!!!!!!

Registered
    My Boats:
    dad's 94' sea ray 200 signature! 5.0 baby!
    Talked to a guy last year up there that got a noise ticket and I don't think it was 300$, I wanna say 100-150ish?

My Boats:
    1999 Pantera 24 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by ajfisher View Post
    yes they have been, the local sheriff came up to me while i was unloading at the marina and said they would be out checking noise levels. toss the mufflers on for the check so you get your pass slip then throw the straight pipes back on!! lol
    Well that sucks! I have been going to Torch for years and I have never even been looked at twice. I ordered some slip-in mufflers but I don't know if they are going to make me legal.

Gold Member Gold Member Perfectmix's Avatar
    Guys, the water patrol is pretty decent as long as your not bringing to much attention to yourself. If they see you doing what you can to mitigate your noise level. ie: idling on one engine in the river, not throttling up in front of the sand bar or near other boats. and just using common sense they will most likely look the other way. IMO, they will be way to busy to mess with db. levels. Hopefully its hot and sunny, its long overdue! Have a great weekend and 4th! PM
    PERFECTMIX EVERYTIME!

My Boats:
    1999 Pantera 24 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectmix View Post
    Guys, the water patrol is pretty decent as long as your not bringing to much attention to yourself. If they see you doing what you can to mitigate your noise level. ie: idling on one engine in the river, not throttling up in front of the sand bar or near other boats. and just using common sense they will most likely look the other way. IMO, they will be way to busy to mess with db. levels. Hopefully its hot and sunny, its long overdue! Have a great weekend and 4th! PM
    I hope you're right! That's the way it's always been up there.

But a friend was stopped a couple weeks ago when he was idling out of Clam Lake and they said they were checking people with thru hull exhaust. He said they were really cool about it and he passed at 89.1 db. I'm WAY louder than he is! LOL I'm guessing that homeowner's on the lake have been complaining.

You going to be around this weekend?
    Last edited by onesickpantera; 06-30-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast