Notices

Traverse City Area

Old 06-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traverse City Area

Going to be in the Traverse City area the week of the 4th and I'm trying to figure out a good day trip. Not sure how long of a ride it would be from TC to Charlevoix or even Harbor Springs, but those were a couple ideas i'd had. I guess i'm just looking for any local knowledge or advice. For the record I'll be in a 25' Baja Outlaw. Thanks for the advice.

Brent
Old 06-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Registered

Brent depending on the water you clould make it to char pretty easy. On the other hand if its 4-6 ft it wont be fun. Are you staying in TC? Another thought would be to stay in either Suttons bay or Elk Rapids and it makes a good trip down to TC and also a good trip up to Harbor or Char. It gives you some options as to some other destinations. Another thought is that your boat is small enough that if the water does get rough you can throw it on your trailer and drive to another destination and drop in there.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

If you're in T.C. launch early. The trailer parking at Elmwood marina will fill up fast, a lot of people are in town for the cherry festival. Clinch park marina will be a zoo.
ed
Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Registered

I was thinking that Elk Rapids might be a good mid way point to get up to Charlevoix, if I decide to go to Charlevoix is there anything in general i should check out?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered

I'm thinking i'll put the boat in up in Elk Rapids, TC will be a zoo that week and that parking at Elmwood Marina is a complete and utter mess, everytime i've gone there I've gotten parked in and had to unhook my trailer to get out of the place.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

There is also a ramp on Center Road on the east bay side of the mission penninsula.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If the lake isnt to rough take a spin out to Beaver Island.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JWoolever
If the lake isnt to rough take a spin out to Beaver Island.
+1
Old 06-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jetheadracer
I was thinking that Elk Rapids might be a good mid way point to get up to Charlevoix, if I decide to go to Charlevoix is there anything in general i should check out?
I boat out of Boyne city and you certainly can come look us up. We spend most of our time on Lake charlexoix and a friend of mine comes from Char. He has a 43 Nortech wrinkleface on OSO here. Also, if your going to be here the whole week come up for sure on sat am for Boyne thunder when the boats hit Lake MI. Going to be awesome
Old 06-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are so many nice places to go around Traverse you will have to pick and choose. Elk Rapids, and Petabogo Beach just south of there is a nice run and place to hang out. Charleviox and HB are a bit of a hike but beautiful, just be mindful of weather on the lake. Leland is a great spot to hit, bit of a hike too. Torch Lake is an awesome spot, you can run the chain of lakes from there, nice day trip. Suttons Bay and Northport are good stops on GT Bay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.