Notices

Canadian Customs

Old 09-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
All will be good soon. Our boy, Bill Owens, per the news moments ago, will introduce a bill that will allow Canadians to aimlessly drift in American waters, while a Canadian counterpart will do the same on their side of the dotted line. Thru politicians! Take credit for finding a fix for something that was not broken in the first place.
I have been boating in the Niagara area for more than two thirds of my life. I often shut off the engines and drift with the current with the radio on end enjoy the sunshine. crossed the border line many times and back again and NEVER been hassled.
Been pulled over by the US Customs once five years ago in the lower river for routine check and they were polite and I passed with flying colours. Not a bad expereince at all?
Maybe because my boat is so well known and easily identified????
I'm no "bad guy"

Oh and I DO have a Nexus card and use it weekly to go to see concerts at Artpark in the US. Smooth transition, just a phone interview and I am given a transit number for the evening. I recommend everyone take the time to get a NEXUS. Makes life simple...

Last edited by Stinger390X; 09-16-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all these laws have severly bruised boating, to complicated and not direct, hopefully as i read above they are making it easier for the pleasure boater, we used to frequent crystal beach/bay beach we have not been there in 4 years and I avoid canadian water at all cost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.