Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
good party lakes in SE Michigan? >

good party lakes in SE Michigan?

Notices

good party lakes in SE Michigan?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

-----Go just north of Algonac (the home of Chris Craft) on the St.Clair river and you have both Marine City and St.Clair. Both have literally dozens of waterfront homes available now because of the economy. Just 50 miles north of downtown Detroit, but out in the country, I just bought a house south of Marine City for less than half what it was offered for three years ago with 175 feet of shoreline, over 3 acres and two lifts, one of which is rated for 50,000 lbs.........Bill S
Old 07-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MOD220
aside from St. Clair Shores, what are some other cities on the South/West side of the lake I should look up for homes? looking to be on the water. thanks guys!
Harrison Twp, which is where I believe Metro Beach is and the homes on canals around it.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Certainly check out Lake Erie, it is some of the most fun boating in the country. If you are looking for a close to home hangout come to Buckeye Lake. It's small, but with 13 bars on the water, and a sandbar we have a GREAT time

I'm just east of Columbus, if you ever want to check out Buckeye lake you are welcome to join us on our boat some weekend. Makes a nice place to live on the water and still commute to Columbus.

Alum is nice but there are no restaurants, etc. on the water, and no waterfriont homes.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
Harrison Twp, which is where I believe Metro Beach is and the homes on canals around it.
harrison twp. is a great boating community. i know of multiple canal homes located right near metro beach that are listed right now at very very good prices.
i can get you in touch with the guy listing the properties if you like, he's local to harrison twp and a good friend.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's gonna be real hard to find a better boating area then the islands and shores of Lake Erie. From Port Clinton to Sandusky there are lots of places for sale..