Saginaw Bay Poker Run Ideas...

Notices

Saginaw Bay Poker Run Ideas...

Old 12-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by martins custom marin
it would be nice if it was somewhat affordable, I have a lot of freinds that go to lake cumberland because the cost is much easier to take, every poker run in mich (besides lake st. clair) seem to have a hefty price tag
Good Point
Old 12-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be interested.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Ideas !

Your Input is awesome!
We now have a date, Saturday, July 28, 2012.
We also have the support of the MCOA (Mi Conservation Officers Assoc), as we are going to Support their 2 biggest Charities: Catch a Dream and Hunt of Lifetime; fishing and hunting trips for terminally ill kids.
Also, relative to established Poker Runs, the registration will be a fraction of what you are used to seeing.. determined when we have a better idea on costs and volunteers.
Keep those ideas coming!!

Carder
Old 12-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered

Im in!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

I agree with jason on castaways my only concern on linwood beach marina is the water depth outside the channel as far as the comment about idle down the river I dont think that would draw people away boyne thunders idle from round lake to lake michigan is about the same you could get alot of spectators on the river a good staging point would be vets park I have alot of hook ups in augres and tawas if you need cruiser boat card stops.If you need a hand I'm in. Thanks Ryan

Last edited by ryan9154; 12-02-2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered

I think the cruise on the river to bay wouldn't be a big deal. You could use Liberty Harbor as the home port. This way you are able to walk downtown to the bars for the after party. PM me if you would like a hand or need any help. Would love to see this happen in Bay City.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

i like the idle up river part!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont know, its an hour idle EACH WAY to go up there(Vets/Hooters). I agree on the Castaways problems too, I like it there but they are not equipped to handle more than a few boats, and small ones at that. Every really fun poker run I have been on included a stop somewhere to raft off and hang out/swim. Good time to mingle, get to know everyone, and take a break from running. My favorite stop heading north is the beach in front of the cemetary between Pt. Lookout and Whitestone Pt. Nice, sandy, protected, and clear water. Depending on the mileage you want to run you could do an Linwood/Augres/Caseville and back run. The beach at Caseville is a nice place to raft off too. I dont think anyone would have issues getting out of Linwood Beach, I launch out of there all the time, they are doing a good job of keeping the channel dredged now and have recently updated a lot of the dockage and launch.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I raced offshore out of bay city in the early 90's might be a good town we will need hotels that can handle large trailers. How about caseville for lunch seems like that could be middle of the run there is the riverside bar right next to state docks might be good place to dock.

Last edited by bill63; 12-01-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carder
Your Input is awesome!
We now have a date, Saturday, July 28, 2012.
We also have the support of the MCOA (Mi Conservation Officers Assoc), as we are going to Support their 2 biggest Charities: Catch a Dream and Hunt of Lifetime; fishing and hunting trips for terminally ill kids.
Also, relative to established Poker Runs, the registration will be a fraction of what you are used to seeing.. determined when we have a better idea on costs and volunteers.
Keep those ideas coming!!

Carder
I think thats usually the same weekend as the LEOPA run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.