Notices

Rack Storage in CLE

Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rack Storage in CLE

Guys - Bags should be packed shortly as the wife and I are moving back to NE OH from ATL in the next few months. Have to go through the final formalities to get the relocation process started with the new job but should begin shortly.

Looking for marinas to rack store my little 245. Good experiences (and bad) are welcomed. Would prefer one with Merc certified techs local as well as bar/restaurant.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Registered

Default Cleveland Rack

Well not sure how long ago you moved from here? But there were 4-5 places to rack in cleveburgh a decade ago. Believe there are 2 now channel park and whiskey island? Someone may have more info but thinkin that's about it now. Same with what used to be a fantastic place to boat to and from, The river has died all life(bars,pubs,restuarants) on the river have left very few left. Have a look in sandusky bay area better boating,cheaper fuel, more to see and do, island access,sandbar. Several boathouses available in the cove area as rentals or purchase. pm me if i can help you atall Rich

Last edited by golfmaxgolf; 01-08-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered

What golfmax is true, Sandusky bay is would be good for you with a 24' its about 1 1/2 hrs west of Cleve. In downtown Cleveland is Whiskey Island. To the west in Lorain half way between cleveland and sandusky is copper kettle or Beaver park. I have heard some bad things about whiskey island. Marina itself is nice has a little bar and always has something going on the weekends.

We keep our boat to the west (Vermilion) closer to the islands for weekend excursions.Theres no rack storage its all in water marinas. Nice little town on the lake reminds me of Mayberry.

Last edited by 89scarabIII; 01-08-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89scarabIII
What golfmax is true, Sandusky bay is would be good for you with a 24' its about 1 1/2 hrs west of Cleve. In downtown Cleveland is Whiskey Island. To the west in Lorain half way between cleveland and sandusky is copper kettle or Beaver park. I have heard some bad things about whiskey island. Marina itself is nice has a little bar and always has something going on the weekends.

We keep our boat to the west (Vermilion) closer to the islands for weekend excursions.Theres no rack storage its all in water marinas. Nice little town on the lake reminds me of Mayberry.
Left NE Oh for Charlotte about 5 yrs ago and have been in ATL the past 2 yrs.

Care to share anymore details on the Whiskey Island? I have been told there as well. They take care of your boat?

You keep your Fountain in the water? Or do you keep it on a lift? Currently on Lake Lanier ours is kept on the trailer and the guys that run the place tow it down to the ramp for us and the boat sits in like a car port. $500/yr and then $30 for a tow to the ramp. Cheap and pay when you use.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whiskey Island rack storage guys bent up a friends bimini, guess it could happen anywhere though. He was not happy with there service. You could leave it on the trailer at edgewater marina (fenced in) and just pull it out to launch at the public ramps. Something like $500 for the season.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

don't get me started about Whiskey Island, MAJOR bird problems.Purple martins nest in the refters and crap over everything! I stored my 34 Scarab there, had to buy a storage cover to stay clean,I was 8 years @Commordores club till Fred losed, loved it there, Whisky also damaged the hull dragging the boat in and out, but they did fix it after two years of complaining, Then I moved to Spitzer marina rack in Lorain, nice place super clean, staff have been there over 10 years,close to islands and Cleveland, Veintian is good and their is also a place in Mentor, what side of town are you going to live in? east or west?

Last edited by Scarab3DMC; 01-09-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab3DMC
don't get me started about Whiskey Island, MAJOR bird problems.Purple martins nest in the refters and crap over everything! I stored my 34 Scarab there, had to buy a storage cover to stay clean,I was 8 years @Commordores club till Fred losed, loved it there, Whisky also damaged the hull dragging the boat in and out, but they did fix it after two years of complaining, Then I moved to Spitzer marina rack in Lorain, nice place super clean, staff have been there over 10 years,close to islands and Cleveland, Veintian is good and their is also a place in Mentor, what side of town are you going to live in? east or west?
Yea, doesn't sound like Whiskey Island has a good rep.... Your not the first that was mentioned something.

Looking for on the east (and more in northern Summit). What's the place called in Mentor?

Curious, the trip to the islands easy? How long does it take cruising at 45?
Old 01-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by five cent worth
Yea, doesn't sound like Whiskey Island has a good rep.... Your not the first that was mentioned something.

Looking for on the east (and more in northern Summit). What's the place called in Mentor?

Curious, the trip to the islands easy? How long does it take cruising at 45?
from Metor it will be 2 hours +
from Lorain 45 min to-1 hour
I cant rember the name of the place in Mentor, they can only store up to 28'
Old 01-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

I've rack stored at both Chanel Park Marina and Whiskey Island the past 3 year.

Chanel park was a nice place, the only downside was the ride out of the canal could take 15 minutes to reach the bridge to the lake because of the no wake zone.

Whiskey Island is where I stored my boats this past season. They failed to mention anything about there bird problem until they pulled my boat the first time from the racks and I found it to be covered in bird crap... They alson don't mind letting your boat hit the dock as the drag it along. I have several marks on both of my boat from just this season alone. I will not be taking my boats back there next season. I plan on buying a hydrohoist and renting a dock somewhere.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab3DMC
I cant rember the name of the place in Mentor, they can only store up to 28'
This it:
http://cityofmentor.com/play/boating/rackrates/

Decent pricing, that's for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.