Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Venetian Marine rack storage >

Venetian Marine rack storage

Notices

Venetian Marine rack storage

Old 03-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be my 3rd season there. Great place, clean and close to everything. There has been a wait for the last few seasons to get in the back building. The front building only handles boats to 25 ft I think.However there has been talk of another building going up to handle the bigger stuff. They handle lots of big dollar boats and seem to be damn good at it. Including a few 39 Nortec's, 42 lightnings,38 and 39 cigs ect. Boats get washed every time they get pulled(the better the tip the cleaner the boat) and the rack guys have always been great to me. Me and Jr both have outside racks witch are essentially the same as work racks. Im a mechanic and am usually always working on something or someones boat and Iv never had a issue.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED
Thanks for the reply guys. J-Bonz How is Venetian about letting you clean and service your boat? Do they have a work rack to set the boat on when they pull it so it can be cleaned before being placed on it's permenent rack, or can you work (clean) the boat on it's permenent rack?
kjm how dows Skipper Buds handle cleaning your boat? Do they place it on a work rack or take it directly to the storage building?
Thanks again, Steve
I wipe down my boat after they put it in the rack building. When I have seen them wipe down boats, they do it while it is on the fork lift.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by paul235
This will be my 3rd season there. Great place, clean and close to everything. There has been a wait for the last few seasons to get in the back building. The front building only handles boats to 25 ft I think.However there has been talk of another building going up to handle the bigger stuff. They handle lots of big dollar boats and seem to be damn good at it. Including a few 39 Nortec's, 42 lightnings,38 and 39 cigs ect. Boats get washed every time they get pulled(the better the tip the cleaner the boat) and the rack guys have always been great to me. Me and Jr both have outside racks witch are essentially the same as work racks. Im a mechanic and am usually always working on something or someones boat and Iv never had a issue.
Paul pretty much summed it up...
The other good reason for racking outside for us is I always get in late from Wisconsin... Outside ensures I got a place to stay on the boat... I can just crawl up in it and sleep a few hours. Then come morning, drop it in.. The front building gets closed at night allowing no entrance. Like Paul said, Being outside open your options to servicing the boat. I have serviced the drives and even got the engines ready to yanked out a few years back.. I did hear that they were going to put up some sort of 3-sided building... Not sure on what size range it will hold..
Jr.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered

The new building is up that is were they said we would be if we come. Thanks again for everyones response.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 99% sure there is no room available inside at Skipper Bud's. They would rack it outside..
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered

Kathy said we would be inside but would not guarantee us a slip on the weekends.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if they are gonna put u inside I guess they just want to SCREW me. I have been there for 20 years and she told me last fall there is no room for me inside with a bigger boat!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by snopro13
Well if they are gonna put u inside I guess they just want to SCREW me. I have been there for 20 years and she told me last fall there is no room for me inside with a bigger boat!
The privilege of being a new customer with new money.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Registered

You need to speak to Richard. It is a great marina though. Bonz, wasnt their some guy there with a huge black thunder at one point. Did they use the sling on it or fork it??
Old 03-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered

Snopro
Where do they rack you by the lift building or in the old service building.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.