Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered
    My Boats:
    dad's 94' sea ray 200 signature! 5.0 baby!
    A few people over night on the sand bar at torch still.

When I was at grand haven with my old boat I trailered it at the ramp and slept in it in the parking lot.

Registered
    My Boats:
    American Offshore
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 288 KID View Post
    A few people over night on the sand bar at torch still.

When I was at grand haven with my old boat I trailered it at the ramp and slept in it in the parking lot.
    No night cruising? Your missing half the fun!

Registered
    My Boats:
    dad's 94' sea ray 200 signature! 5.0 baby!
    I'm almost blind as it is. Last thing you want is me night cruising after a day of drinking in water I'm not normally on LOL

Registered
    My Boats:
    33 POWERPLAY
    Quote Originally Posted by AO31 View Post
    No night cruising? Your missing half the fun!
    Night running is fun until you come across a boat with their lights off...

Registered
    My Boats:
    30 Scarab, '85 Chris-Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J View Post
    Night running is fun until you come across a boat with their lights off...
    There used to be some fishermen that would fish the water outlet of the Port Sheldon power plant at about 2am in little fishing boats with no lights....I scared the crap outta them a couple times. By the time I saw them I'd already be passing them so I'd never really freak out....but you know they had heard me and been watching my nav light bouncing towards them for a while...lol. I can imagine them trying to figure out which way to move to avoid me flattening them...forward or back? Like a scene from an old silent movie....lol.

Registered
    My Boats:
    13.6 inflatable cat, 07 42 Fountain, 00 41 Saber WW
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    Can you still drop anchor for the night in Port Sheldon? I heard they put some kind of boardwalk around the bay and got rid of that little beach that used to be on that small point on the north side of the bay. We used to have some nice little campfires on that beach...

I have a lot of family in Milwaukee and Chicago so crossings will be an option this time around. My last boat was a single so I never braved it.
    You can stay on the wall as long as you want. There was a houseboat, I think the guy lived there. Ya, the beach across from the the wall, pretty sure it's still up for grabs. Campfire might be pushing it tho.
    No, we still beach it in Port Sheldon. There is a boardwalk there but its back far enough.

Registered
    My Boats:
    89 checkmate 251
    Hellbent up on hardy you can stay in the coves. up on the island, Brower park has a channel to pull in beach it then you can walk around and party at the camp ground, or you can find a empty dock at oxbow and party there

Registered
    My Boats:
    30 Scarab, '85 Chris-Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by k.knuth View Post
    Hellbent up on hardy you can stay in the coves. up on the island, Brower park has a channel to pull in beach it then you can walk around and party at the camp ground, or you can find a empty dock at oxbow and party there
    Thanks Knuth..A friend of mine has a big RV on one of the campgrounds...I'll have to look into which one. I've seen some pics of a lot of boats rafted up during Hot Boat...is there somewhere in particular everyone usually groups up? What's it like up there the rest of the season?

Registered
    My Boats:
    89 checkmate 251
    Most of the action is usually at consumers beach. thats where hotboat is. Or the sandbar is another good spot. You just to be carefull when you get up stream of davis bridge. Just remember when running the river stay towards the high side, cause low banks mean shallow water.

Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    311 Formula Kaama Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Adams View Post
    Haven't had any trouble with law enforcment in GH.
    because you got the baddest shiznit in town
    Last edited by Car Biz; 03-30-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast