Tour the Lakes, Madison, WI   August 6th >

Tour the Lakes, Madison, WI August 6th

Notices

Tour the Lakes, Madison, WI August 6th

Old 07-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up Tour the Lakes, Madison, WI August 6th

Hello everyone. Like last year, I am planning a little get together for us go fast enthusiasts. Hopefully this year Mother Nature will allow us to actually tour more than just Lake Mendota. Last year we started out with about 5 boats, and ended up with 10.

The day would start on Lake Mendota at Marshall Park. Some folks may choose to launch at a different spot depending on their location. But Marshall Park will be the meeting area. If we could meet around 9, and get on the water no later than 10am, that would be best. It would be less crowded through the locks and channels. Around noon time, it will definately get busier. We'll head through the Tenney Locks, and down to Lake Monona. We would then make a lap on Lake Monona and head through the channel to Lake Waubesa. We would make a lap around Waubesa and then head back the way we came and find a calm rafting spot on Mendota (depending on the winds there are 3 choices) Picnic point on Lake Mendota would be preferred, as there are facilities within walking distance on the path. Figure about 1/2 hour in the locks/snw area, and 1/2 hour in the channel from Monona/Waubesa snw area. Plan on either running mufflers or having your exhaust switched off. Loud mufflers are going to get ticketed and attract more bad attention towards us. There is a lock fee of $5 dollars that they collect on the way back up to Mendota. Otherwise, if I get a firm count on who is coming, I can see if I can get advance pass's for the day. I'm not sure if they will do that however.......I'll check into this before the day comes and post.

Here is a link for Marshall Park, those that came last year know that this is a very nice launch with a lot of parking for big trailers. There is a daily launch pass required, I believe it's $8.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...=0CDoQnwIoADAE

Here is a youtube video I found on the Tenney Locks, and no there are no pumps, it operates stricly on the front and rear gates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rWfqtiQqVM

As far as clearances, I went through the other weekend, and had at least 4' of clearance at the lowwest point with my boat with windshield.

I think I've covered most of it. I invite anyone and everyone that wants to join in for a fun day. It's going to be bring your own food/beer. There is a restaurant that we can all meet up at on Mendota at the end of the day as well for dinner. If anyone would like to contact me with questions, please feel free.

Ryan
608-712-4194
[email protected]
Old 07-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Should be four boats coming up from Rockford.

288 Sunsation
28 Eliminator Eagle
29 Baja SST
26 Velocity
Old 07-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Baja Boss 275...I'm in!!! Again.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Registered

25 Wellcraft Nova Im in !! sounds like a fun day, different scenery ,, have to get away from the Chain o lakes once in awhile
Old 07-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Sounds like fun but, I will still be wrench'n... Definitely next year....
Jr.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:51 PM
zrx
Registered

Some pics from last year per Cloudmaster

Old 07-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Looks like fun!!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Registered

One more

Old 07-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Registered

Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a couple of quick notes:

Like last year, Sunday the 7th would be the rain date.

Also, Lake Waubesa's Christy's Landing is having an antique wood boat show the on the 6th. We will be able to idle past the docks and check some of these boats out. We'll want to be careful of coming in there at slow no wake however so the boats on display don't get knocked around. I doubt we will stop as there will be no docking space. Just a quick idle through and keep going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.