Westside of Lake Erie Yesterday

Notices

Westside of Lake Erie Yesterday

Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Westside of Lake Erie Yesterday

My sister was in Put-in-Bay yesterday and she said one hell of a storm rolled through with hail, possible Tornado, etc. They were on the ferry back when this all went down. Never even clouded in Erie, PA.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered

Saw that storm roll over PIB on the news last night, it looked like a wild one. They were telling everyone on the MI OH state line to take cover as it rolled through and out onto the lake.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Registered

Yeah I was in Ashtabula and Driving back south... The storm trucked ahead of me, but Moses must have been around at my house, because I swear that storm parted right around us. Left the boat cover off, but wouldnt have minded if a good inch or more of rain was laying in it when I got home. It's SO dry here!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We were just west of Grosse Ile and missed the first storm, but the wind kicked up pretty good. I notice it getting a bit dark to the east so I grabbed the iphone and looked at the local radar. While that cell didn't look too bad, we decided to get out of there. I guess as it moved south east it got much stronger.... A friend of mine just made it to his marina at Erie Metro and got pelted by hail. He said he had to duck down on his swim platform (boat was block some of wind and hail) to avoid getting beatin to death...... North of Grosse Ile never got hit with either storm.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

We were in East Harbor when it hit. It shredded the top on our Formula and put holes in the isinglass and dented my truck up. The hail was the size of eggs and was making big splashes in the water when it hit. Tornado sirens were going off and the wife was freaking out, it was nasty.