Notices

Torch Lake info....

Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Luhrs launched a 43 black thunder last week... I'm pretty sure it can handle anything you throw at it... Andtthe marina launches a 46 BT each year... Launches are no excuse to skip on torch. Best water out there, period.
For sure, you WILL NOT find a more beautiful place to boat that is fresh water. Kool-aid water and 19 miles to run, not to mention the chain. I'm slipped there and will continue to be for many years I'm sure.
Everyone that has commented on this Loves torch, and is far from being "narrow minded" when it comes to the lake. Sure, we spend our share of time on the sandbar, but burn PLENTY of gas as well. Just trying to warn about the pigs up there that are being heavily influenced by the lake association and the lake preservation society, that's all.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
Sounds like we got a junk meter scaring people into mufflers....
I bought my own meter at Radio Shack and I carry it with me. I haven't been pulled over yet, although I did buy a set of clamp on Gibsons. I do the inland water way from Lake Huron to Burt Lake, the rivers are beautiful but they are heavily patrolled. I saw so many patrols on Memorial that I'm watching my speed. It might be a little obvious that I'm doing close to 90. Gotta love that inland lake chop.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Why go to torch this weekend when a few miles down the road is boyne thunder???
Thats where I will be!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Don't be an idiot and you will be fine
LOL...yeah right.

I actually forgot about Boyne being this weekend. Kind of late to plan that trip I think.

I'm still on the fence about Torch though. I think I'll put a more organized plan together and do it next month.

As far as GH goes.....agreed....the cops are absolute pricks there. If my friends would just start hanging out in boater-friendly Muskegon I'd have no reason to take my money there at all.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tylogan11
My two sons and I were on Torch this past weekend on Sunday my boy's and I were at the Sand bar for about 3 hours when we left I had my son drive my 22 Donzi 502 prorcharged needless to say as soon as we fired her up the sheriff requested that follow him out into the lake away from the sandbar to conduct the noise test. It took 10 minutes, he explained every step of the procedure he also informed me that they were not issuing tickets this year, they are informing the boaters that the legal limit is 90 mine registered at 103.9 he informed next year they will be. My son asked how much a noise ticket would the sheriff thought it was about $300.00. I must say the sheriff did not ask any other questions or ask to see life jackets or any other safety devices. Time to start saving up for noise tickets for next year. If you have a loud boat go this year and don't worry about getting a ticket, next year will be a different story.
Man this is not what I like to hear. I've been going to Torch for 10+ years and have only been pulled over once and I deserved it. Since then I have used my head around the sandbar and run hard once I get out a couple miles. I had a sheriff follow me last year in the river for a short time and they didn't even give me a second look.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered

It was a matter of time. With all the attention Torch has been getting the last couple of years more people mean more ideas on how it should be governed. We have been boating Torch since 1985 and have been pulled over only twice and that was last year with the family. The cop said we were racing coming from the main lake side by side with three boats in our group. We always run side by side as a group and we were only cruising 50-60. The cop looked like the Molboro Man and stated " I dont want any racing on my lake"
This may only be the start.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by michigan troll
It was a matter of time. With all the attention Torch has been getting the last couple of years more people mean more ideas on how it should be governed. We have been boating Torch since 1985 and have been pulled over only twice and that was last year with the family. The cop said we were racing coming from the main lake side by side with three boats in our group. We always run side by side as a group and we were only cruising 50-60. The cop looked like the Molboro Man and stated " I dont want any racing on my lake"
This may only be the start.
Sounds like it may be. I haven't even made it up there this year so I guess I will wait and see until I am a total buzzkill. LOL

BTW did I meet you at the Elk Lake launch a few years ago?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Registered

That was us. We chatted for awhile. I have always liked Pantera's. We have been going to Grand Haven and Charlevoix the past couple of years alot more. Between the swimmers itch and the local cops at Torch the fun was wearing off. GH and Char cops will not even look at us and I cant pass 90db, also there is more water to run and beaches to hit.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Luhrs launched a 43 black thunder last week... I'm pretty sure it can handle anything you throw at it... Andtthe marina launches a 46 BT each year... Launches are no excuse to skip on torch. Best water out there, period.
I will have to schedule a weekend on Torch.....looking into it now....
Old 07-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by michigan troll
That was us. We chatted for awhile. I have always liked Pantera's. We have been going to Grand Haven and Charlevoix the past couple of years alot more. Between the swimmers itch and the local cops at Torch the fun was wearing off. GH and Char cops will not even look at us and I cant pass 90db, also there is more water to run and beaches to hit.
Swimmers itch????????? Damn THAT sucks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.