Motor or Recommended Engine Rebuilders - Michigan >

Motor or Recommended Engine Rebuilders - Michigan

Notices

Motor or Recommended Engine Rebuilders - Michigan

Old 10-31-2012, 08:05 PM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've had good luck w/Ben at Precision Power in Spring Lake. Stands behind his work.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim Krolczyk in Marne did mine.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Champion Performance without a doubt. Worked with Joe and Ed at Sterling and with Joe again at Ilmor. Top-notch machine work and first class assembly.

They've done a 496" and a 489" build for me so far and we are talking blower motor for next year. Not to mention a pair of 555s that I have there to be built one of these days. They also did the motors for the True Grit Skater, another super fast Skater out of New Jersey with PSI blowers got a refresh, pair of quad whipples for one of the fastest Ocean Express out there, another set of quad whipple for the Out of Bounds pleasure conversion and numerous others. Fantastic guys to work with, in fact they do a lot of the high end machine work for many of the big names in the area as well. Located in Centerline as mentioned. You can find them on facebook and they have a bunch of photos up - both marine and race applications.

Neil

Last edited by fantastixvoyage; 10-31-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or you could bring it to my shop and get an owner/operator that does every aspect of your boat from start to finish. Not only do we build engines and dyno them in house we can take care of ANYTHING your boat needs from trailer restoration to as wild as you want to go. Check my website for past projects, I will be adding several more that we have done over the past couple of years shortly.

Here is a 24 Cig we recently finished. Took the boat from twin 6's to a modern 496 HO.
Attached Thumbnails Motor or Recommended Engine Rebuilders - Michigan-img_0009.jpg   Motor or Recommended Engine Rebuilders - Michigan-img_0333.jpg  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Its a tough decision to pick a builder thats for sure!

Your engines might go 500+ hours without rebuild but if you want a little more power, and reliability you could freshen them.

Tyler Crocket
Jim Valeko
Dave Wesseldyk "WESCO"
C-Tech Performance
Sterling (very expensive but good and specialize in 700HP+)

I would NOT recommend CK Motorsports/Baker enginering

I would not go over 550hp on any bravo based drive. And don't plan to waste money upgrading drives, just sell your boat before you stick money into the engines and drives and buy something already done.
Like he said, if they run fine without issues i would just run them
Old 11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Registered

Kustom Marine in Monroe did my motors and I would highly recommend him. Great guy and superb service with awesome power. 3 seasons of hard running and zero issues on complete new kustom whipple mercury racing 525 motors in my Active Thunder.

http://www.kustommarine.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPZ6fWiG-Y

Laszlo
Old 11-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

............here we go again
Old 11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the good information. I think I have a good base of contacts to start with. Very helpful!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----I would not scratch Tyler off that list. Several good builders in this vicinity as all have mentioned, but Im partial to Tyler. Dynamic is pretty darn good too........Bill S
Old 11-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

engine builders, orlandi,s garage newport,mi 734-586-0448 brian met him in person and seen his shop very nice and has a dyno booth does very nice work he can build u some nice engines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.