Notices

canada water rules

Old 04-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
Get your Nexus.....check in via cell....easy in and out...go enjoy boating!
X2 unless you really don't want someone taking your finger prints for some reason!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Registered

I say open the US-canadian boarder, secure North America as one ,,then send all the resources to the mexican boarder where needed.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oh6662b
I say open the US-canadian boarder, secure North America as one ,,then send all the resources to the mexican boarder where needed.
Good idea, but Mexico is also North America
Old 04-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Registered

Yes it is, but I think you get the idea
Old 04-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Registered

I don't know if I could sign up for that one...we go up the Chippewa river almost every weekend and we go past a park and there's a whole lot of towels there and they aren't only on the ground to lay on.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RCMP on patrol ???

Yesterday evening I saw around 8 RCMP & 1 Canadian Coast Guard OB patrol boats coming down the St Clair river by Marine City Mi. The black & gray RCMP boats looked brand new with twin Merc OB power. They all were heading south on the river in pairs between 7pm & 8pm. I have never seen this many Canadian patrol boats at once in the St Clair river. Is this for the new boarder enforcement ?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ABSOLUTELY...if you Americans want to call the northern hemisphere "CANADA"?

I have a Nexus card and have used it for the last eight years. Boating is a breeze with one of these considering I go over the border every Tuesday night for concerts in Lewiston NY via boat. Just call and get a number after giving your info. What could be easier?

However...U.S. border guards are a bit over-zealous sometimes. They sit in their omniputance thinking they will save the world and treat Canadians with distain! I have had this happen to me on numerous occasions. I agree with the previous poster who stated that going U.S side is more tedious then coming to Canadian waters, or land for that matter. (by the way flare guns are required in Canada...I don't know what your talking about but FIREARMS are illegal)

The problem with America is you have too many bureaucracies! I drive a truck so I cross three time a week at the border and use my Nexus. I got in a fight with the border guard because he told me I needed a "Fast Card" I told him I'm not buying one.
If you put a Fast Card and Nexus card next to each other, they are identical in every way except one says Fast, the other Nexus! They have the same holograms and safety features, and I had my fingerprints taken and my picture along with criminal checks with both Cesis and The FBI. I'm not paying twice for the same bureaucrats to rob me blind!
If you have ever crossed at any Canada/US border there are steel 2 x 3 signs advertizing "Get you Nexus Now" . I told the guard to remove all the signs advertizing them if he wants me to get a FAST card! He was not amused and I was sent to secondary inspection and spent 2 1/2 hours getting anal probed!

On another note...just to show you how stupid the American government is, I paid to get a TWIC card in Buffalo Ny to allow me to go to any Port -land sea or air. In fact it says so right on the back of the government issued card which has a bar code, holograms and computer chip inplanted into it.
Last week |I was at a Port of Philidelphia.
Entrance-no problem...
Stopped to grab a drink at the coffee truck and he also had his TWIC card hanging around his neck with a lanyard.(card must be displayed at all times on government property) The coffe truck guy was telling me they won't let him in the airport in Philly as they told him he needs a special card? His TWIC, like mine, says "Entrance to all ports of entry land sea or air" They told him he needs a "Special" Card to go to the airport. Needles to say...he won't be selling his wears there anymore.
You see the whole "Patriot Act" legitimizes all these money grabs that I witness every day dealing in the States. It's a joke.................

If your a boater and plan to cross the international invisible line, GET A NEXUS.
I have lived at the Border for over 40 years and have crossed thousands of times. It's not like the 80's or 90's anymore and quite frankly I do not enjoy crosswing into America for either work or play anymore. It has become tedious...

Last edited by Stinger390X; 05-21-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered

Excellentt post 390X I"m with you, I cross 2-3 days a week for work as well and will not pony up more money for a FAST card when my NEXUS does all the same stuff
But quite frankly, I really miss the good old days of leaving the Niagara Parks Marina for a 5 minute ride to the Bedell Hosue on Grand Island for a beer or 2 and a quick trip home without all the BS we have to go through now.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Registered

Yeh, I know what you mean. When I lived in Chippawa I used to have a smaller Thundercraft and crossed over to GI or Tonawanda all the time back in the 79's and 90's
Now that I'm in the lower river with a bigger boat I used to go to the Riverside and dock and have a beer occasionlly but not since 911 with the former regularity. Now I make sure I check in as I don't want some over zealous agent confiscating my boat for bad behaviour.
I have a smaller trailerable boat that I pop in the upper river sometimes to go to the concerts in the Tonawanda creek on Wednesday nights but I usually grab some Timmies sandwiches and drinks and just sit in the river and drift and listen to the music. As long as I don't touch land for any reason, I am ok there without much hassle.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey Guys,

My wife and I got our nexus cards and want to run over to canada for lunch the back to the US. I see references to checking in via cell but I can't see any phone numbers. Can you help me with this?

Thanks, Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.