Notices

Torch lake help

Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have gone for years and with bigger boats. you will be fine. Follow others with larger boats. The water cops are unpredictable at times. The lake has 17 miles of useable water and 3 other lakes attached. We stop at the NE end of Elk. North end of Torch, South end/sand bar of Torch, North end of Clam lake.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grapeape93
Lake is awesome but many better places to go with a 35. We know what opinions are like but I have a 32 and won't bother going there with it. Its too much boat.
Have to agree with what grapeape posted. Will I bother to tow up there? No. Rent a house for the week and rent a pontoon. Your 353 will not be a noise issue but after a day you will be bored...
Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Torch is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world! I live close but choose to boat on the Grand Traverse West and East Bay of Lake Michigan mostly. But Torch is worth at least one trip! We swim End of June through most of sept. Look us up if you decide to come out into the big lake.

Most cabin rentals are weekly, sat to sat. But not all, especially early or late in the season. There are some slips if you are sleeping on your boat. Your boat is not to big, there are plenty of large boats on the lake. Some of my friends.....38 scarab that has been on a hoist there for years, 46 black thunder boats there a few times a year, 38 fountain express docks there all summer, etc.

Elk Lake is also nice, and the river is fine if you pay attention. It actaully is a pretty nice little cruise.

Dont try to pack to much in on one trip, because you will be addicted and come back anyways! Look forward to hearing about a great trip you have!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You can defiantly take a larger boat out on torch lake and have a great time, I also live near and go out there quit often myself, along with going out on the bay, just make sure to use one of the ramps like Luhrs landing.

http://www.luhrslanding.com/

Defiantly check out Traverse bay, if you go out of Elk rapids and take left about 5 miles you will find a nice sand bar similar to Torch lake called Petobego pond, crystal clear water and all sand bottom with no rocks.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Registered

We always spend the weekend of the 4th July on our 311. Its a great time.

Last edited by pgolder; 04-23-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Good times!

Last edited by Scooter; 03-13-2022 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sandbar on busy Holidays!

Last edited by Scooter; 03-13-2022 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Registered

If you are in to camping you could camp at Whitewater Park on Elk Lake. Keep your boat on the trailer in the lot or just moor it out in front of the campground if the weather is calm. I don't think there are any hotels in Elk Rapids so your next best bet would be to get a room on the east side in Traverse City or in kalkaska.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
yea im thinking of leaving Friday afternoon.. boating Sat and Sun and heading back monday. Sounds like a late summer trip? does torch lake connect to any other lakes?
If there's any way to extend your trip do it. There's a lot to do in the area besides Torch Lake.
ed
Old 05-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Registered

If you have never been before, check out the "Sand Bar Club" on Facebook. It has some pics and videos.