Notices

Water Levels?

Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the snakeheads will eat all the Asian carp then starve to death after eating all the algae?

Hey, I can HOPE!

LOL
Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are really concerned about the lakes, I recommend joining Great Lakes United. www.glu.org
They are a coalition of environmental groups and concerned citizens and focus on diversion, pollution and invasive species. low snow pack and less freezing/greater evaporation are big factors. the upper lakes are also hurt by the Army Corps of Engineers mismanagement of the dredging of the St Clair river. they dredged through bedrock, exposing the mud underneath. the current's flow then increased the depth beyond the intended target. The north shore of lake Huron and Georgian bay are also suffering from rebounding from the ice age. In other words, the water is going down and their land is going up. Over all, however, I would think our biggest fear is the Asian Carp. We're all going to have to become sailors.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 27sedan
If you are really concerned about the lakes, I recommend joining Great Lakes United. www.glu.org
They are a coalition of environmental groups and concerned citizens and focus on diversion, pollution and invasive species. low snow pack and less freezing/greater evaporation are big factors. the upper lakes are also hurt by the Army Corps of Engineers mismanagement of the dredging of the St Clair river. they dredged through bedrock, exposing the mud underneath. the current's flow then increased the depth beyond the intended target. The north shore of lake Huron and Georgian bay are also suffering from rebounding from the ice age. In other words, the water is going down and their land is going up. Over all, however, I would think our biggest fear is the Asian Carp. We're all going to have to become sailors.
Sailors that have to wear Carp Full Face Crash helmets & Body Armor.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

We have had 16" of rain here in Robinson township in grand haven Michigan in the the last few weeks. That still won't solve the problems.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboat28
They sure did not eat much two summers ago.
Originally Posted by Nykamp
We have had 16" of rain here in Robinson township in grand haven Michigan in the the last few weeks. That still won't solve the problems.
Can't hurt though (-:
Old 05-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Registered

I talked to a buddy of mine who is about an hour East of Ottawa and says the water is REALLY high down his way.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

They have been taking the Asian carp problem to a whole new level in IL.

http://redneckfishingtournament.com/
Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered

LOL!! Looks like a blast, you would think they could be harvested for use in pet food? Fertilizer? Or something like that.

Ugly ass things, aren't they?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by n20michael
LOL!! Looks like a blast, you would think they could be harvested for use in pet food? Fertilizer? Or something like that.

Ugly ass things, aren't they?
1+
It has to be a ton of fun! That is going on my boating bucket list!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I boat in the Mackinaw straights and the water level is up 12" over January but that is still down several feet from where it's been. I wouldn't worry too much about the carp, they won't make it past me. When I pull my mufflers you can hear me for miles, and when I play some tunes on my stereo with 2 12" JL Audio subs, I'll have every carp within a mile jumping. I've been stocking up on shotgun shells, told my wife she'll drive and I'll get a couple of buddies on the back with shotguns. Talk about shooting fish in a barrel!! I promise if they get up here I'll film the action.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.