Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
PIB regulars.. July 5/6/7 weekend how busy? >

PIB regulars.. July 5/6/7 weekend how busy?

Notices

PIB regulars.. July 5/6/7 weekend how busy?

Old 06-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIB regulars.. July 5/6/7 weekend how busy?

Ohio boys.. whats your predictions for the July weekend of 5/6/7, will it be jam packed from the 4th and onwards? What are odds of getting raft/dock space or even a mooring buoy? I know it will be busy just not sure if its impossible to get dockage on that kind of weekend or just show up early morning kinda thing.
Also are they still doing the video check ins or has that changed now?? I keep hearing people talk BS about those changing again or getting rid of those.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would treat that weekend like any other Memorial Day or Labor Day weekend. Assuming you are talking about getting ther Friday you should be fine. Memorial Day wasn't that packed on A or C dock. B however was packed. I was able to find room late Saturday night of Memorial Day weekend. With the 4th of July being on Thursday though who knows, but I think you'll be fine.

I rafted off of some guys from Canada that weekend and they said they had to do the video phone thingy when they got there. Hope this helps.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Unless you get there early on the 4th. Forget about it. With the bicentenial year most people are starting their weekend wednesday after work and taking friday off work for a long weekend.

Last edited by BraceYourself; 06-07-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Registered

it's gonna be touch and go, if you get there early Friday the 5th you should be able to get a dock at A or C, B will most likely be full. You can also try reserving a dock at the new "Park Place Boat Club." It is a membership type place but they hold a few docks for non-member reservations. They have great restrooms and showers but just OK dockage. Park Place Boat Club mooring bouys fill up fast on the holiday weekends. the video phone was still being used last summer, not sure about this year. Good luck and have fun!!

Joe
Old 06-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Registered

Thanks for help! Probably going to run up thursday afternoon/Friday morning.. If its literally impossible to get a dock or buoy Ill just run to Pelee for the night always dockage open there.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You can always run to the new marina on middle bass and take the sonny s over to PIB. But either way I think they'll squeeze you in. Only times I've been turned away was Xmas in July on a Saturday.