Old 06-16-2013, 06:28 PM
mgh
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bring a bag of quikcrete and a few 5 gal buckets...and some rope
Old 06-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Registered

It's all about self-reliance when the cops are too far away to help. In a marina you're almost certainly fine, but if you anchor out away from others you are more at risk, especially if you have a boat that makes you look well-to-do.

Check out this blog from a local preparedness/defense training/firearms store for an retired cop's view on self-reliance. http://annarborarms.blogspot.com/
Old 06-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
Are the laws the same while on your boat in Michigan as they are in a vehicle when it comes to concealed carry?
If you carry on your boat in Michigan remember it's zero tolerance for you with alcohol consumption, just like on land.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, and I know "up here" you can't rely on a bunch of bleeding heart left wing liberal judges to give these scumbags a fitting sentence, so, I agree that protecting your family mainly comes down to YOU.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mgh
bring a bag of quikcrete and a few 5 gal buckets...and some rope
I can help you out there, I haul cement for a living. Lol
Old 06-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drock78
As an honest hardworking, tax paying citizen I will protect myself and my family no matter what it takes. I'm not going to let some piece of sh!t harm them in any way. There are way too many weirdos in our society now days.
I guess we just do it two different ways. Our gun laws as you know are very restrictive, I carry a baseball bat in my "PETE", also one in my boat. Certainly no chance against a gun but I will get the MOFO when it comes to my family.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by peterweiss
I guess we just do it two different ways. Our gun laws as you know are very restrictive, I carry a baseball bat in my "PETE", also one in my boat. Certainly no chance against a gun but I will get the MOFO when it comes to my family.

Wouldn`t you rather have the freedom to choose instead of the Gov. telling you how you can protect yourself? States with stricter gun laws consistently have higher crimes rates.. look at Chicago.. or Chiraq.. 8 dead 46 shot.. thats just this weekend!! Illinois have THE strictest guns laws anywhere..only state not to have a conceal carry law .. not for long thou.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Wouldn`t you rather have the freedom to choose instead of the Gov. telling you how you can protect yourself? States with stricter gun laws consistently have higher crimes rates.. look at Chicago.. or Chiraq.. 8 dead 46 shot.. thats just this weekend!! Illinois have THE strictest guns laws anywhere..only state not to have a conceal carry law .. not for long thou.
I just read that today in the paper, Is Chicago making change (CPL)?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Registered

Peter I totally understand where your coming from when you don't understand why people need to carry, but I can assure you that your baseball bat will not stop someone who is all jacked up on crack looking for his next fix. I hope you and your family will always be safe just like I hope I never need to pull out my weapon for protection but lets face it we live in a crazy world and I will protect my family at any cost and don't wan't my GOV telling me that I can't protect my family.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rfgonzo
Peter I totally understand where your coming from when you don't understand why people need to carry, but I can assure you that your baseball bat will not stop someone who is all jacked up on crack looking for his next fix. I hope you and your family will always be safe just like I hope I never need to pull out my weapon for protection but lets face it we live in a crazy world and I will protect my family at any cost and don't wan't my GOV telling me that I can't protect my family.
Oh no argument from me. A baseball bat won't cut it, but we're under different circumstances. I'm not here to preach what is right and what is not. I'm from a society where we just don't see sidearms, and let me tell you it's some scary looking. A friend of mine is ex military and was telling me what and how the gun gets transported to a firing range. You need to be a friggin lawyer to understand the laws, yet he is an ex sniper, and even he can't carry. Go figure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.