One heck of a mechanic. >

One heck of a mechanic.

Notices

One heck of a mechanic.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peterweiss
Thanks Delsol, I'm very easy on the boat, not looking for the big mph. And easy on the throttle, just looking for a little extra, as far as where we are I'm in Ontario. The North shore of Lake Erie, in Pt. Dover. Our local Merc dealer doesn't get into anything aftermarket. As you can see by the above posts we're a little short on Merc dealers who would undertake a project like this. Thanks again for your help. Peter
the hot set up is vortech for your boat....http://vortechmarine.com/products_01.php
Old 07-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Fixx, never heard of them. Sent them an e mail for dealers in southern Ontario. Always open to options. You any idea how they compare to a Procharger system in pricing? Procharger is $5500.00 for the small blower.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peterweiss
Thanks Fixx, never heard of them. Sent them an e mail for dealers in southern Ontario. Always open to options. You any idea how they compare to a Procharger system in pricing? Procharger is $5500.00 for the small blower.
they are a little more money but they are better engineered.. they also look alot cleaner when installed..i have a few friend that run them on their race cars,,they run perfect!..
8.0 174 mph https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater
Old 07-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Sorry for the BAD steer towards Entec.- obviously haven't had/heard of dealings with them for quite a while since we moved
Old 07-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Sorry for the BAD steer towards Entec.- obviously haven't had/heard of dealings with them for quite a while since we moved
It's all good, no need to apologize. Actually I know the guy that started Entec back in the early 70's. it's changed hands so many times, my personal advice would be to steer clear of them.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FIXX
they are a little more money but they are better engineered.. they also look alot cleaner when installed..i have a few friend that run them on their race cars,,they run perfect!..
8.0 174 mph https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater
Thanks for the input, I see I'm not the only drag racer on here. Will do my homework on it and go from there. If you know anybody looking for a drag car mines for sale. 87 Camaro p/s built by Willie Rells. Perfect t/s car. Will sell complete or part out, also a Pace 32' tri axle trailer loaded. 555 ci shafforoff short block. Heads and intake done by Bishoff, too much to list. Thanks Peter.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

You might want to contact Tomcat on the board here -- he has put together a package for the intercooler that works with the vortech/prochargers -- he can probably steer you to a good installation shop. His intercooler goes by R-tech. He is out of Toronto area.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by delsol
You might want to contact Tomcat on the board here -- he has put together a package for the intercooler that works with the vortech/prochargers -- he can probably steer you to a good installation shop. His intercooler goes by R-tech. He is out of Toronto area.
Thanks Delsol, I will do that. At this time it will be a winter project. Where is Kingsville? I wonder if this is the ghost mechanic I've been looking for all along. Lol.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Kingsville is 2 hours west of you -- just south of Windsor.

Good Luck with your project.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by delsol
Kingsville is 2 hours west of you -- just south of Windsor.

Good Luck with your project.
Apparently a little too far to get together for a cold one. Lol, Windsor from us is 31/2 hours. Thanks for all your input. Peter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.