One heck of a mechanic. >

One heck of a mechanic.

Notices

One heck of a mechanic.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One heck of a mechanic.

Heard about a Mercruiser mechanic in the Toronto area. Think his name may be Frank. Apparently he's the go to guy for Merc power. Heard alot of talk about him but no one seems to know where he is. Even my dealer is aware of him, again no contact info. If anyone knows of this ghost mechanic could you help me out with some way of contacting him. Thanks Peter.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Registered

Next question, just got off the phone with Procharger and they tell me they quit making blowers for marine use back in 04. I have a 01 Baja 272 , but the motor was re and re'd in 2011. It has a 502 HO new out of the box. Not looking for Roots style. Any ideas? Really like the idea of a belt driven turbo.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Don't know anyone by the name of Frank off the top but have you tried Entec in Scarborough?

http://www.entecracing.com/index.htm
Old 07-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Registered

Thanks for the lead. I'll check them out. Is this the same Entec that was in the Junction, in the 70's and had 5 1970 Chevelles that ran at Cayuga?
Old 07-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Could be...I know they took care of a lot of the big boys on Simcoe - Libel's ect.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I would never use Entec again! I had 2 engines done by them -- ruined 2 pair of AFR heads that were brand new. I also have seen 4 other engines pulled apart after they had 'rebuilt' them that were a total mess.
It looked as if they had the high school auto class come in and do there work for them, and they charge as if they know what they are doing...

Big NO on ENTEC

dave
Old 07-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by delsol
I would never use Entec again! I had 2 engines done by them -- ruined 2 pair of AFR heads that were brand new. I also have seen 4 other engines pulled apart after they had 'rebuilt' them that were a total mess.
It looked as if they had the high school auto class come in and do there work for them, and they charge as if they know what they are doing...

Big NO on ENTEC

dave
Somehow lost my post. Short version, talked to them their way outta line on pricing etc. just got out of drag racing but didn't tell him, boy did he want to take me for a ride. All I want is a definitive answer will a small Procharger be too much power on a Bravo1 outdrive. The boat is a 272 Baja with a 502. Getting all kinds of answers. HELP.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

Peter -- the small procharger on a 502 will be fine on your boat and i would think would really wake it up. The weak link will be the bravo, the procharger is the best possible solution as it does not give the bottom end torque that a roots or whipple will. If you are easy getting up on plane and not airing the boat out all the time the bravo will live for a while. Some guys say no problem -- others will tell you it won't last long. Make sure on your throttling arm, and change your drive oil every 10- 15 hrs. If it were me i would hook up a cooler/filter to the drive -- they help alot and for the money are cheap.
There are some good engine guys around Detroit that could do whatever you need, where are you boating?
Old 07-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

BTW -- like a buddy of mine says -- he can put 3 bravo 1's on for the price of an XR--- but a PIA if you blow a drive on a single engine boat....
Old 07-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by delsol
Peter -- the small procharger on a 502 will be fine on your boat and i would think would really wake it up. The weak link will be the bravo, the procharger is the best possible solution as it does not give the bottom end torque that a roots or whipple will. If you are easy getting up on plane and not airing the boat out all the time the bravo will live for a while. Some guys say no problem -- others will tell you it won't last long. Make sure on your throttling arm, and change your drive oil every 10- 15 hrs. If it were me i would hook up a cooler/filter to the drive -- they help alot and for the money are cheap.
There are some good engine guys around Detroit that could do whatever you need, where are you boating?
Thanks Delsol, I'm very easy on the boat, not looking for the big mph. And easy on the throttle, just looking for a little extra, as far as where we are I'm in Ontario. The North shore of Lake Erie, in Pt. Dover. Our local Merc dealer doesn't get into anything aftermarket. As you can see by the above posts we're a little short on Merc dealers who would undertake a project like this. Thanks again for your help. Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.