LEOPA Fall Fun Run Sept. 7th 2013 >

LEOPA Fall Fun Run Sept. 7th 2013

Notices

LEOPA Fall Fun Run Sept. 7th 2013

Old 09-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Seen the LEOPA 2013 Harvest Moon Fall Poker Run going up the Detroit River today around 10:30 AM. It was a beautiful morning and seen about 30 boats go by on their way to Brownies for a Card Stop. Went back to the Detroit River at 2:30 PM to see them coming down the Detroit River on their way to Portofino's after their Lunch stop at the DYC. I decided to try and video them this time with my new camera but wasn't real pleased with that, need more practice. It started to rain lightly as the boats came by and I noticed that there wasn't as many this time around and I didn't know if they broke down or I justed missed them earlier but I stayed there till 3 PM. Looking forward to next year already. Will send a Photo CD of the Run to the LEOPA when done. Thanks for the show guys.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just want to give a big thanks to Kevin & Brian for putting on a great event for the Harvest Moon Fall Run...it was a great day for boating!! It was also nice to see all those Cigarette's and Fountain's powered by Scorpion Racing Engines running up front all day!!

Todd
Old 09-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many boats this year? I saw pics and it looked no where close to the count from years past.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jay, We had about 30 boats start the run but had a few not make the first leg. It was another great run with an ORLANDI POWERED 6 year old beat to death 509's, with the smallest HP we make in a 20 year old 32 BAJA first at the first stop (the only one that really counts on this run, if thats what your in to). We were out so far ahead of the pack going through Detroit that we cruised it in at 65 MPH for last 15 miles. That make 3 out of 4 years in this run we accomplished this with the same engines that have never been out of the boat. Never had oil leaks, oil pump failures or any running problems of any type. I know where I am going next time I need engines.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGladiator
Just want to give a big thanks to Kevin & Brian for putting on a great event for the Harvest Moon Fall Run...it was a great day for boating!! It was also nice to see all those Cigarette's and Fountain's powered by Scorpion Racing Engines running up front all day!!

Todd

Uhmmm, The Scorpion powered boats ran good... I Saw them when I looked behind The Orlandi Performance powered Baja I was on.... WE could have pushed it a bit harder, but it wasn't a race, just good fun in a great running boat!

Last edited by phragle; 09-11-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Uhmmm, The Scorpion powered boats ran good... I Saw them when I looked behind The Orlandi Performance powered Baja I was on.... WE could have pushed it a bit harder, but it wasn't a race, just good fun in a great running boat!
Thanks Rob I thought I missed something or we went to the wrong fun run. My boat is not the fastest nor is a race boat, its only got 1 little 4150 carb on each little 509 engine and no power adders. The best part about my old dog is she runs year after year up with the big dogs without putting a wrench to it (did I mention 6 years).... hell I haven't change the gear lube or the engine oil in over 3 years ( I don't suggest you do that to any engine but hey it also proves that 25 hour oil changes are over rated.....unless you don't have a good engine builder).
Old 09-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered

Thanks for the ride!!
Old 09-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it it is not a race why does it mean so much to be the first boat to the first stop???? How convenient for you that the first stop is the only one that matters and being the first boat when you are the only one racing.
What an SSA.

Originally Posted by phragle
Old 09-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would've loved to come but just couldn't make it happen. Next year for sure.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Registered

I think I stated we were having fun not racing, Brian stated we even slowed down to like 65. We COULD have gone a lot faster, a lot longer. We were having fun in a boat that runs strong and rides good.

And actually the second stop was much more important..LUNCH!!! All you can eat prime rib.... you get in my way in the lunch line, your goin down!!!!

Last edited by phragle; 09-11-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.