Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
LEOPA Fall Fun Run Sept. 7th 2013 >

LEOPA Fall Fun Run Sept. 7th 2013

Notices

LEOPA Fall Fun Run Sept. 7th 2013

Old 09-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fastest boat there wasn't first to any of the stops. I was just taking it easy. It wasn't a race.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brian41
Jay, We had about 30 boats start the run but had a few not make the first leg. It was another great run with an ORLANDI POWERED 6 year old beat to death 509's, with the smallest HP we make in a 20 year old 32 BAJA first at the first stop (the only one that really counts on this run, if thats what your in to). We were out so far ahead of the pack going through Detroit that we cruised it in at 65 MPH for last 15 miles. That make 3 out of 4 years in this run we accomplished this with the same engines that have never been out of the boat. Never had oil leaks, oil pump failures or any running problems of any type. I know where I am going next time I need engines.
Nice! Btw. I want to thank you for all the free advice this summer. Taking my calls and answering my questions. You were correct, I diagnosed my issue in less than five minutes with my mechanic looking on. You are a true professional.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kaama82
The fastest boat there wasn't first to any of the stops. I was just taking it easy. It wasn't a race.

I agree I was not the fastest but was correcting a statement made on a earlier post boasting about another builder/brands of boats with one sided information..... nothing more.

Maybe I did add a little self promotion.....but hey I was jabbed.

Last edited by brian41; 09-11-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have gone back and read all the post and fail to see anything that is derogatory to you, your boat or your engines. As far as I know all five boats with Scorpion Racing Engines Ran very well.I dont understand why you and your passengers feel the need to start bashing other LEOPA members boats and there engine builder (Scorpion Racing Engines).
I do know that Scorpion Racing Engines has directed some of their overflow your way.
I dont see where you have corrected any statements made in earlier post.???

I agree I was not the fastest but was correcting a statement made on a earlier post boasting about another builder/brands of boats with one sided information..... nothing more.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Who's bashing??? I said nothing bad or derogatory towards anybody or anybodys motors.....
Old 09-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dnebo
I have gone back and read all the post and fail to see anything that is derogatory to you, your boat or your engines. As far as I know all five boats with Scorpion Racing Engines Ran very well.I dont understand why you and your passengers feel the need to start bashing other LEOPA members boats and there engine builder (Scorpion Racing Engines).
I do know that Scorpion Racing Engines has directed some of their overflow your way.
I dont see where you have corrected any statements made in earlier post.???

Darren, Reread the thread, the only engine builder I mentioned is myself (sorry its a flaw I have called self promotion), not once did I mention any other builder or anybody else's boat. I brought up common engine problems that happen to a lot of engines that have not happened to mine. Please post with quotes where I bashed anybodies boat or engines as I have read it several times and can not find it. Simply what has happened here is somebody came on here and instead of just saying "great run everybody a fun time had by all" they had to take a inside poke clearly looking for a reaction. I took the opportunity to pointed out some facts and promote another boat engine builder that is very involved with the club that does nothing but try to help its members when they need it with sound advise, parts and repairs from their trailers tires to windshields.

Last edited by brian41; 09-12-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I'm glad you finally got to enjoy some boating, Brian. Sounds like the true spirit of a "fun run". The Lake St. Clair Powerboat Club had a fun run last Tuesday when it was 97*. We were at Brown's Bar when they all pulled in. These guys also know how to have a fun run without egos getting in the way. Once in awhile they will include the smaller boats like mine. Great people with the right attitude and spirit about driving our boats.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I'm glad you finally got to enjoy some boating, Brian. Sounds like the true spirit of a "fun run". The Lake St. Clair Powerboat Club had a fun run last Tuesday when it was 97*. We were at Brown's Bar when they all pulled in. These guys also know how to have a fun run without egos getting in the way. Once in awhile they will include the smaller boats like mine. Great people with the right attitude and spirit about driving our boats.
Thanks Carl,
We all know that most of us involved with these style boats are A types with a need for speed or as you put it "attitude and spirit". It is where I have spent most of my money for 30+ years (the rest I wasted).I do not get out in the sport I love often enough because I dedicate my time to getting others out there to enjoy their boats. I do try to make every run I can as it is a proving ground of the reliability I strive for in every project I take on. This year has been our busiest ever but also came with the growing pains that comes with success . I have made a lot of changes with the business this year and I am currently working on next year rather than waiting until the season is upon us with hopes that these problems never happen again. With proper scheduling and the right people in place maybe next year I can take Sundays off like I have been promising my family for years.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dnebo
If it it is not a race why does it mean so much to be the first boat to the first stop???? How convenient for you that the first stop is the only one that matters and being the first boat when you are the only one racing.
What an SSA.
To answer the first question ask anybody that has been there or tries to get there first, there always seams to be a group shooting for it at the runs I have attended. The first stop thou not a "race" had a flag start making it the only even start during the fun run. You know first 1 in up against the wall = last one out every stop. I realize you understand all these answers because you have been coming to these events for many years. I also know that you don't run your boat has hard as I do and you could take that position away from me at will but do not for your own reasons.

Now as far the SSA comment is concerned I don't know what that means so I looked it up and all I can come up with is "Subject Says All". I am way behind in this texting world and do not know how so please excuse me for my ignorance.

Last edited by brian41; 09-12-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

think SSA is a$$ backwards Brian....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.