Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Port Dover,ON Poker Run Or get Together? >

Port Dover,ON Poker Run Or get Together?

Notices

Port Dover,ON Poker Run Or get Together?

Old 12-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of new on f/b, if you look me up at Peter Weiss Waterford On. You'll find me.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone.
I've been to Pottohawk and it was ok...
I would be interested in coming to this Jobbie Nooner thing as it sounds good? I tried to look up that island that was mentioned but can't find it on the map of St.Clair? Where is this JN meet located at?
Old 12-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Registered

The meet is held on Lake St. Clair, on the Michigan side. The run is called Jobbie Nooner, don't know the island it's on. You can get more info at LSCR. We're the oldest couple there, I'd say average age is low 40's. It's about half hour south of Port Huron Sarnia bridge. It's a beautiful lake, nice scenery. Don't remember your boat you new in Dover?
Old 12-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered

IIt's held at Gull Island, if you look on a map it is at the bottom of Harsons Island. It is a really good run, with an Awesome group of people!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered

What another year we can't get a few boats together for a cruise out of Dover? Tried last year got zero response.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I fired the boat up I had a lot of people sneering at me???????????????????????????????

Dover is a "maybe" with me.

I've also been banned for life from Ontario Place! (they have no sense of humour?) No loss though as I go across the bay to the Toronto Marina which is far nicer.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Registered

If the noise is what you are talking about Stinger390X I am in the same boat as I only have headers with though hull pipes with no mufflers in them.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Loose Screws
Would anyone be interested in doing a poker run in the Port Dover, ON area summer of 2014 or even a get together and take a trip somewhere together?
I might be interested but it is a little early to make a commitement. Do you know Jeff Lilley who owns the P 31 Scarab. He put on a run out there a couple of years ago, is a good guy to talk to. For me July and August is Skater Fest, Detroit Gold Cup H1 Races, St. Clair River Classic Offshore Powerboat Race and the Port Huron/Sarnia International Offshore Powerboat Race.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Registered

No sorry I do not know Jeff Lilley but will keep my eyes out for his Scarab though.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Registered

Who cares if they were sneering. Chances are their boats had sails and not motors. Frikkin tree huggers. Although I'm no where as loud as you, I make a point of letting the sailors hear us coming. Let's keep this thread alive, surely we can get together for one day this summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.