Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Why Lake Erie Islands are better then the Keys... >

Why Lake Erie Islands are better then the Keys...

Notices

Why Lake Erie Islands are better then the Keys...

Old 01-19-2014, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by peterweiss
Thanks twin o/b sonic, we're still 1 1/2 hrs east of Port Stanley. Was thinking of heading there this summer, but a little more curious of what's in the other direction.
Have actually been farther east than that but not in Erie. We spent a weekend on Rice Lake and had an absolute blast. Gorgeous place.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
I don't ice fish but I think my next major project is going to be building an ice airboat just so I can get out on the lake during the winter. Maybe even make it over to the islands, although I was up at Mazuriks last weekend and there was a lot of blue water between there and Kelleys.
Agreed.
There is one on PIB. Enclosed w/heat.
They're all over down here and would be an absolute blast up there in the winter. Matter of fact, we have gas stations with 100 octane av gas just for those guys.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Have actually been farther east than that but not in Erie. We spent a weekend on Rice Lake and had an absolute blast. Gorgeous place.

Although I boat mainly near our family cottage in the thousand islands, I actually live about 15 mins from Rice lake, there is a big poker run the weekend after Labour day every September, good time.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only reason I can think of is Ice Fishing and ugly women are covered up more.