Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Lake Michigan is liquid again >

Lake Michigan is liquid again

Notices

Lake Michigan is liquid again

Old 03-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I thinkwarm tempretures and sun will affect the water temp a lot more then the ice coverage. I think people are blowing out of proportion what affects the ice coverage has. Yes its amazing that almost all the lake was covered. But it will be gone well before the warm temps get here. Its not like the lake is that warm when only part of it is covered in ice. A few degrees is not the end of the world.

Let's just hope for hot sunny days all summer!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed. People have told me lake MI won't get over 45 this summer due to the ice. What?!?! I bet most years the surface temp is 33-35 when it doesn't freeze. Hopefully the farmer's almanac is as accurate with the summer forecast as it was with the winter forecast.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spazboz
It was more frozener this year than it has been in a long time. Supposedly it was like the second most frozenest it has been on record, or something smart sounding like that...
We hit a record in columbus Ohio for 2nd highest amount of snow falling this winter. Believe we have had around 54 inches so far. It's been a crazy winter for the Great Lakes. Lets just hope it doesn't effect our summer weather.