Notices

Chicago Harbors

Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Thats gotta be one sweet looking bottom at the end of the season, $hitcago doesnt allow lifts right?
Old 07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've noticed the Velocity out quite a bit too. I think we were anchored beside you a couple weekends ago. We should tie up next time, I'm new to Chicago Harbors and don't know a lot of people with boats...
Old 07-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Thats gotta be one sweet looking bottom at the end of the season, $hitcago doesnt allow lifts right?
The bottom has the spray on SCATT barrier protection. It works pretty well. I'm also having a diver clean it biweekly, and I plan on pulling it every 6 weeks for an acid wash. Trailering isn't an option for me in Chitown.

Chicago Harbors allows the sunstream lifts, but they're 7gs.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I pull mine about every 4 weeks and scrub it down.Get the easy stuff off with a quick power wash, Liquid bar keepers friend cut with water in a pump sprayer, soak the hull down and it scrubs anything else off with a couple passes of a stiff brush. 3hrs worth of work.
Originally Posted by scope1407
I've noticed the Velocity out quite a bit too. I think we were anchored beside you a couple weekends ago. We should tie up next time, I'm new to Chicago Harbors and don't know a lot of people with boats...
I've been near by a couple times. white hull and a similar purple graphic to what you have on your boat. I'm at the harbor right now, heading out there in a few. Next time you're heading out let me know. I've got a buddy with a 37 sundancer, and another with a 35 maxim. I tie up with them when they're out. I'll shoot you a PM with my number
Old 07-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Registered