Notices

LSC thread

Old 06-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfgonzo
The Moot usually gets going around 1 or 1:30PM and like thirdchildhood said watch out for shallow water.
And here we thought we would be late to the party. I followed a boat in from Metro Beach direction since I wasnt too sure about things. Thanks guys Ill keep my eyes peeled out there.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

You will love LSC boating! So many places to go to relax, party, or go out for some food. The water level is up from last year so going to or from the moot is fairly safe from any direction this season but, it's wise to get to know where sand island is for when levels are lower. The safest way is line up the old light houses and head straight in, it might take a little longer depending on which way you're coming but it's worry free. Hope you have a blast! See you at the moot!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
You will love LSC boating! So many places to go to relax, party, or go out for some food. The water level is up from last year so going to or from the moot is fairly safe from any direction this season but, it's wise to get to know where sand island is for when levels are lower. The safest way is line up the old light houses and head straight in, it might take a little longer depending on which way you're coming but it's worry free. Hope you have a blast! See you at the moot!
I launch from 9 mile. I headed straight up the lake towards Metro until I saw someone heading that way and followed them in. Thats exactly how they came into the Moot, so that is what Ill do from now on. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Registered

Where did you boat before? Or are you new to boating altogether?
Old 06-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Registered

New to boating all together. Bought my first boat in late October so this is my first season out there. My Dad grew up boating on LSC so he went out with me twice to poke around, but he hasn't been out there since the early 90's so he was afraid that a lot has changed since then.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

It does change. Here is a cool interactive chart. You do have a chartplotter don't you? http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14850.shtml
Old 06-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Registered

Yea I grew up boating the lake. Some changes but mostly just because the water level being a bit low but, like I said its near average now. The moot is my favorite place to go, we usually go Saturday and Sunday. They party Sunday like its Saturday out there lol. Saturday we usually hit Browns resteruant for a burger and cold one after the moot. Also, there is a new owner at Bumpers Landing next to Crews inn. They redid all the docks, deck, and have awesome food! Last weekend we went there after the moot around 7pm and left at 130am! Band was rocking and the girls were dancing! Blast!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
It does change. Here is a cool interactive chart. You do have a chartplotter don't you? http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14850.shtml
I have no chart plotter :/ but that is next on the list of things to buy. I have a depth chart that Ive studied a bit and so far Ive just stuck to the areas that seem to be pretty safe judging from the chart.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
Yea I grew up boating the lake. Some changes but mostly just because the water level being a bit low but, like I said its near average now. The moot is my favorite place to go, we usually go Saturday and Sunday. They party Sunday like its Saturday out there lol. Saturday we usually hit Browns resteruant for a burger and cold one after the moot. Also, there is a new owner at Bumpers Landing next to Crews inn. They redid all the docks, deck, and have awesome food! Last weekend we went there after the moot around 7pm and left at 130am! Band was rocking and the girls were dancing! Blast!
Very cool. We will have to check out Bumpers Landing sometime soon.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:19 AM
mgh
Registered

How about organizing a OSO LSC meet up day?..so folks can get to know each other

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.