Notices

Hot Boat Weekend 2014

Old 09-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
Have any address that I can pull up on GPS to get there?
Exit 131 off US131. Brower is the place to be.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What time should someone get there? What way do we head from the launch? How long of a run from the launch is the dam?

Don't know the area at all, never been to this so need all the info I can get... THX
Old 09-03-2014, 04:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
What time should someone get there? What way do we head from the launch? How long of a run from the launch is the dam?

Don't know the area at all, never been to this so need all the info I can get... THX
Check your inbox, I sent you a PM yesterday re. river info.

The Hardy Dam is downriver from wherever you put in. If you launch at the Dam, you're there, obviously.

At Oxbow or Sandy Beach, which are almost right across from each other (east and west side of the river, respectively) you can see the dam.

From Brower, you go out of the lagoon and turn left to get to the Dam.

From RiverRidge, you turn right to get to the dam (and idle out of the now wake zone) or left and under the bridge to get to the sand bar (and idle out of the no wake zone)

I don't think it matters what time you get there…there will be a few guys up there today ,more tomorrow, Friday will be busy, and Sat & Sun will be a carnival ride. An R rated carnival ride if the weather is hot.

The river isn't as tough as it sounds and from RiverRidge to the Dam is easy, and from just downriver of Brower the river starts to get wide..although this weekend it won't seem wide.

The only things to remember between RiverRidge and the Dam are:

- A pair of no wake zones that are marked - 1 at RiverRidge and the other just just upriver from Brower.
- Stay to the outside of the island just upriver from Brower, (or downriver from RiverRidge)
- When you get closer to the dam you'll see Consumers Beach on the west side…it will be obvious because of all the boats rafted and partying.
- Same side as Consumers Beach but closer to the Dam is Sandy Beach Launch. Between the launch and Consumers is a sunken island. Stay well out from the west bank there. It will be a hole in the water where nobody is boating.

The river gets trickier upriver from RiverRidge…mostly it's narrower..stay to the high bank side and don't take off across any wide open spots you find north of RiverRidge…there will be enough boats you can follow.

If I can figure out how to do it I'll try and cut / paste a couple of images from google maps.

In the past the cops have been cool. They've got a tough job that weekend. Don't be an idiot and you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Registered

Thx for the info.

Also how are they on noise? I am 4" wide open.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Registered

Also just to let you know I have no messages
Old 09-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Registered

I have never had any problems with noise. I normal run my jet with over the transom headers with no baffles and have never had any problems.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Noise has never been an issue & there are guys with alky burning flats & hydros running zoomies…again, depending on how you're driving.

131 North.

For the launch at the dam, Oxbow, and Sandy Beach get off exit 125 and go west on Jefferson Road which turns into 36th st.

For Oxbow turn right on Chestnut turns into 32nd sorta left onto Cottonwood and another left on cottonwood to Oxbow.
Oxbow is 2973 Cottonwood, Newaygo.

For the launch at the Dam and Sandy Beach instead of turning left on Cottonwood go sorta straight through on Croton Hardy Dr.
Right turn on the Dam Rd at sign, go across dam to the launch.

For Sandy Beach go past the Dam Launch, up the hill and turn north on Elm. Sandy Beach will be on Right

For Brower and RiverRidge

131 north to exit #131, go west on 8 Mi Rd.

For Brower turn left at the party store (Old State Rd) and follow the signs (and traffic)

For RiverRidge go straight on 8 Mile, RiverRidge is just across the bridge over the river.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Registered

we are comin in from IL on friday prolly 5 ish, we are stayin at alpine resort in Newaygo,any info on were i should go from there to put the boat in would be greatly appreciated,and any other info that mite help, we have never been but here its a good time.thanks,Louie..
Old 09-04-2014, 07:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Dayz Skater
we are comin in from IL on friday prolly 5 ish, we are stayin at alpine resort in Newaygo,any info on were i should go from there to put the boat in would be greatly appreciated,and any other info that mite help, we have never been but here its a good time.thanks,Louie..
Alpine Resort is in Croton. I've never stayed there but I've been told it's a pretty cool spot. Dunno what they've got for boat parking, though.

Not sure how your GPS will bring you in but if it was me I'd take 131 to exit 118 which is the Newaygo / Howard City Exit. Go West on M82 towards Newaygo 5-6 miles and turn north on Elm. (party store on the corner)

About halfway to Croton the road makes a hard left that can sneak up on you. Follow Elm to the dead end and turn right on Croton Hardy Dr.

You'll go across the causeway - watch for the people fishing (always) at the bridge. When you get to the end of the causeway Alpine Resort will be on your right.

Your downriver / below the Hardy dam and above the Croton Dam at that point.

Just north of Alpine Lodge on Croton Hardy Drive is the Driftwood on the right - which is a bar & bar food but a cool deck overlooking the Little Muskegon River.

A bit farther on the left is the Red Anchor which has good food.

To get to Hot Boat from Alpine Lodge go north past the Driftwood and Anchor on Croton Hardy Dr. You;re following the river below the dam so it winds a lot..eventually road will stretch out and you'll go up a hill to an intersection (no light) Dam and Sandy beach are to the left, Oxbow will be straight ahead…follow the signs and the people.

If you're coming in on Friday afternoon I'd get settled at the Alpine, unhitch the boat, go to the Anchor for dinner and then drive up and scout around…and back to either the Anchor or the Driftwood for a few cocktails.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Slippery
Alpine Resort is in Croton. I've never stayed there but I've been told it's a pretty cool spot. Dunno what they've got for boat parking, though.

Not sure how your GPS will bring you in but if it was me I'd take 131 to exit 118 which is the Newaygo / Howard City Exit. Go West on M82 towards Newaygo 5-6 miles and turn north on Elm. (party store on the corner)

About halfway to Croton the road makes a hard left that can sneak up on you. Follow Elm to the dead end and turn right on Croton Hardy Dr.

You'll go across the causeway - watch for the people fishing (always) at the bridge. When you get to the end of the causeway Alpine Resort will be on your right.

Your downriver / below the Hardy dam and above the Croton Dam at that point.

Just north of Alpine Lodge on Croton Hardy Drive is the Driftwood on the right - which is a bar & bar food but a cool deck overlooking the Little Muskegon River.

A bit farther on the left is the Red Anchor which has good food.

To get to Hot Boat from Alpine Lodge go north past the Driftwood and Anchor on Croton Hardy Dr. You;re following the river below the dam so it winds a lot..eventually road will stretch out and you'll go up a hill to an intersection (no light) Dam and Sandy beach are to the left, Oxbow will be straight ahead…follow the signs and the people.

If you're coming in on Friday afternoon I'd get settled at the Alpine, unhitch the boat, go to the Anchor for dinner and then drive up and scout around…and back to either the Anchor or the Driftwood for a few cocktails.
sounds good,thanks alot for the good info,lookin forward to meetin some new people and some new territory boating. Were ya think would be the best place to put the boat in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.