Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Finding a home in harrison twp. >

Finding a home in harrison twp.

Notices

Finding a home in harrison twp.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know about the water levels at all? How is the area around N. River rd? Talking about that bay where island cove marina is located at. Are some of the houses that are more towards the end of N. River okay as water levels can drop and rise seasonally? Or does it get shallow in those spots, I know there is an old sunken barge you need to watch out for as well.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stevewy
I have lived in Harrison Township for almost 15 years. I live on a canal just south of metro beach (Tmager - sounds like we are neighbors). I love my house, canal, access to Lake St Clair, and the whole east side boating experience. I have a full basement and no issues. The winters can be brutal -- but, hey that's Michigan! Doesn't matter whether you're in royal oak or Harrison Twp. It's still cold. For me, 5 months of boating - nice spring and fall are worth it.
Steve, we are neighbors, I'm on Villa Mar at the end of the canal house just before Jefferson. I see your BT on the lift at the end of the canal on my way out.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boaterforlife
Does anyone know about the water levels at all? How is the area around N. River rd? Talking about that bay where island cove marina is located at. Are some of the houses that are more towards the end of N. River okay as water levels can drop and rise seasonally? Or does it get shallow in those spots, I know there is an old sunken barge you need to watch out for as well.
Look on google, you can see the two barges on the satellite map, just at the end of North River Road.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Registered

Do it! We commuted from Lapeer to the marina (over an hr. drive) for years. Finally pulled the trigger & moved. Should have done it long ago. In Venice Shores now - just behind MacRay/BelleMaer. Instead of boating 1-2 days a week, Im on the water ever day thats nice. And its only 30 feet to the boat now!

Last edited by 28' Aeromarine; 09-03-2014 at 01:43 PM.