Finding a home in harrison twp. >

Finding a home in harrison twp.

Notices

Finding a home in harrison twp.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding a home in harrison twp.

Looking at a home in harriston twp and wanted to hear from anyone that lives in the area. I love being on the water and having a boat in my backyard, but I'm also looking for houses in other areas such as royal oak, birmingham, etc. Basically I just want to know if it is worth it living there all 12 months of the year. I know the winter can be long and I wasn't so sure if this was the best place to be in the winter, however, in the summer I know it is like paradise. So is the long winter compromise worth it? Thoughts?
Old 08-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boaterforlife
Looking at a home in harriston twp and wanted to hear from anyone that lives in the area. I love being on the water and having a boat in my backyard, but I'm also looking for houses in other areas such as royal oak, birmingham, etc. Basically I just want to know if it is worth it living there all 12 months of the year. I know the winter can be long and I wasn't so sure if this was the best place to be in the winter, however, in the summer I know it is like paradise. So is the long winter compromise worth it? Thoughts?
The Birmingham, Royal Oak crowd is a whole different breed of people from the east side lake crowd.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Registered

Are you calling that crowd out
Old 08-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Registered

Not worried about the crowd or people in the areas, I like to do my own thing anyways. I'm just wondering is the wait through winter worth it?
Old 08-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I grew up in Troy and lived in Harrison Twp for 4 years. I am in VA for work now but still own my house on the Clinton River (got it as a rental now). I love Harrison Twp and the east side, I can't wait to move back!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boaterforlife
Absolutely. I bought a house on the canal just south of metro beach 3 years ago. We went from having the Sunny to adding a ski boat, aluminum fishing boat, kayaks, and a Seadoo. We are constantly on the water, sometimes just a quick poke on the lake or our all day events. You will find you will use the lake much more. Winter it freezes over and my kids have a hockey rink out back. This year if you had a snowmobile you could have been up and down the canals and all over out in front of metro down to 9 mile. People are great over here on the east side too.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Registered

How is the commute around town from this area? Also, I notice that not a lot of houses have basements, I know it is on the water and that plays a role, but I saw quite a few houses in St. clair shores with basements as well as a few others. Why is that?
Old 08-17-2014, 03:50 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd say it depends on what price range you're in. HT has new home just off the Clinton river with basements. Rare to find one on the water, usually have crawl spaces.

St Clair Shores are older homes, basements can have flooding issues down there as the sewers and building practices are contributors.

Have friends in Harrison Twp, they love their homes. Boats on the hoist in the yard, with many water toys as well. I live 20 mins form the Marina, in the country. Would love to live on the water, but also love the 10 acres of wildlife I have. Live just north of Harrison Twp.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 256 Likes on 111 Posts

Friend has a nice house for sale on the salt river a crossed from the rack and launch. Has a hoist for 38 foot also plus a plenty of break wall to tie others. Short ride to the lake. He's looking to get a little above 300,000. Pm me if you would like his information.
Grew up on pointe great place to live.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Registered

I have lived in Harrison Township for almost 15 years. I live on a canal just south of metro beach (Tmager - sounds like we are neighbors). I love my house, canal, access to Lake St Clair, and the whole east side boating experience. I have a full basement and no issues. The winters can be brutal -- but, hey that's Michigan! Doesn't matter whether you're in royal oak or Harrison Twp. It's still cold. For me, 5 months of boating - nice spring and fall are worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.